3XYJ Build…Tons/42s/SUA= LOW

I guess man...:popcorn: you were the smart one..buying something semi built and have a good damn time!:beer:

Hehe, well I didn't say anything about who's having the most fun.... but I suspect a YJ smack down is about due when this thing gets rolling!

Full hydro and dont look back. Have had both and full hydro is 200% better is every way. Speed of steering is much easier and much smoother, not to mention unlimited options on mounting.

Effortless steering and the lack of having the mount nothing but a ram is awesome. Simplicity. I personally like less moving parts, and esp. like not having to deal with linkage from the frame to a moving axle. I would get a single ended ram and mount it to your tie rod and run a orbital. Hell i think Travis had one for sale the other day for $120 or so. Stock pump will work just fine and you will never have an issue. Not to mention you will want a cooler for your steering either way and have at least 2 lines made for hydro assist. What are 2 more hydrolic lines? The ram is a negligible cost from hydro assist to a larger full hydro ram as well.

Just my opinion! :popcorn:

I've read that a single ended ran used for full hydro its not balenced left and right. he does want to street this as well.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

dpending on the ram, with a single ended you typically have ~0.5 turns more in one direction then the other. everyone I have met running this doesnt notice it unless you make a point to.

I've read that a single ended ran used for full hydro its not balenced left and right. he does want to street this as well.

CJ that maybe true, but if you use a single ended ram for assist then it will be true for both situations. The assist I had on my blazer was not quite balanced left to right, but it was close enough, and I never felt unsafe on the street.

I have had experience with both. He would not notice and it would be fine for street use.

That thing is gonna be so low! shweetness! But the steering is tiiiight!

Chad, have you looked at the box we talked about the other day?

I don't have full hydro, and don't know a great deal about it, but am learning because I want to change over to it on my Samurai. From what I have read, you need to size the steering valve correctly to the ram in order to get the turns lock to lock that you want. Another solid point is to determine if you want load reactive or non-load reactive.

Here is a good debate thread on load reactive vs non-load reactive. One dude dislocated his shoulder with a load reactive unit. Apparently PSC only sells load reactive steering valves.

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=703469&highlight=load+reactive

I don't have full hydro, and don't know a great deal about it, but am learning because I want to change over to it on my Samurai. From what I have read, you need to size the steering valve correctly to the ram in order to get the turns lock to lock that you want. Another solid point is to determine if you want load reactive or non-load reactive.
Here is a good debate thread on load reactive vs non-load reactive. One dude dislocated his shoulder with a load reactive unit. Apparently PSC only sells load reactive steering valves.
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=703469&highlight=load+reactive

this sh!t is all spanish to me...:popcorn:

Are you planning on instaling a trac bar? Do you think you're going to axle wrap issues with the slidy thing?

no tac bar and I dont know of any issues that would come up with the sliders. They have been used before, JC on the board ran them with no issues for a long time.

4aeb436f-35e4-efb1.jpg

4aeb436f-35fc-a63b.jpg

So I think we should win a prize for the lowest Yj ever. this is ride height.

We're going to have to tub the rear quarters.

Rear frame is done, needs finish welding.

atapatalk.com_mu_4aeb044a_9d35_a03e.jpg

atapatalk.com_mu_4aeb044a_9d52_c2b2.jpg

Back