3rd URE strategy meeting notes and input needed

snappy

YHDG's adopted son!!!
Here is the review notes from the second meeting.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426809424.659124.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426809481.014754.jpg

This was the agenda for the meeting
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426809521.939499.jpg

The group also rated the trails with the help of the fs for user rating and cost to keep open etc etc.

Sorry i missed it brother. Had something else important to accomplish then. Sorry.

I am trying to get an emergency type one going this coming Saturday to tall about what is going on up there right now. I will put it out as soon as I can confirm anything.

I am trying to get an emergency type one going this coming Saturday to tall about what is going on up there right now. I will put it out as soon as I can confirm anything.

Yea I was afraid of that. I have a motor swap planned for this Saturday.

Maybe this makes no sense, but has anyone ever talked with business leaders of local towns such as Denton or Troy? Do restaurants, gas stations or other businesses see part of their profits coming from people who pass through on their way to Uwharrie? It seems to me that in order to keep the trails open and to promote tread lightly trail use, the political game will have to be played. I know groups are trying to cooperate with the Forrest service, but has anyone ever looked to local small governments for support of the trail system? City, town or County leaders. As in local business coming together to raise awareness and pressure law enforcement to better patrol the area, in order to keep the trails open and local revenue coming in.
Maybe it has been talked about before but are news channels covering vandalism in the Forrest any help to making those not in the loop aware of what is happening? I would think that a majority of locals would want the trail system to remain open for enjoyment, although i could be wrong. Possible media coverage could help catch those responsible or encourage others to be more proactive in making sure someone isn't out there doing stupid things. Or does media coverage of vandalism paint a black eye for all of us in the sport?
I will get off my soap box now, just been thinking about it all day. Please correct me if im wrong or give your opinions on the matter.
Thanks.

Maybe this makes no sense, but has anyone ever talked with business leaders of local towns such as Denton or Troy? Do restaurants, gas stations or other businesses see part of their profits coming from people who pass through on their way to Uwharrie? It seems to me that in order to keep the trails open and to promote tread lightly trail use, the political game will have to be played. I know groups are trying to cooperate with the Forrest service, but has anyone ever looked to local small governments for support of the trail system? City, town or County leaders. As in local business coming together to raise awareness and pressure law enforcement to better patrol the area, in order to keep the trails open and local revenue coming in.
Maybe it has been talked about before but are news channels covering vandalism in the Forrest any help to making those not in the loop aware of what is happening? I would think that a majority of locals would want the trail system to remain open for enjoyment, although i could be wrong. Possible media coverage could help catch those responsible or encourage others to be more proactive in making sure someone isn't out there doing stupid things. Or does media coverage of vandalism paint a black eye for all of us in the sport?
I will get off my soap box now, just been thinking about it all day. Please correct me if im wrong or give your opinions on the matter.
Thanks.
Not to seem negative about that idea, but look at tellico and the town of Murphy.. Almost all the traffic coming into that town was for tellico and it's still gone.

As a local of Montgomery county, I'd say no business or very little comes from the ohv traffic etc. 99% of sales occur through the outpost. So yes I would like to see chris push this subject a lil more.

Well if the rail needs a "No Winching" painted on it I'll get a stencil made and buy some spray paint and go cover every section of rail one Saturday. Then I'll give you the stencil......

While I like the idea of the no winching then it would also have to be painted with other stuff also and now we just have more stuff. Kinda hard for me to explain while on these drugs but right now I am waiting on Debra to e mail me back about a meeting time / place for us to sit down and try to come up with something. I am also in contact with some other folks out of state to see what they do in their trail systems.

While I like the idea of the no winching then it would also have to be painted with other stuff also and now we just have more stuff. Kinda hard for me to explain while on these drugs but right now I am waiting on Debra to e mail me back about a meeting time / place for us to sit down and try to come up with something. I am also in contact with some other folks out of state to see what they do in their trail systems.

If you need that stencil just let me know. I'll get it done.

Back