35x12.50 on what rim?

TYKIRKY

I am looking to get some 35s. I have my stock Rubicon rims which are 16x8. If i got 35x12.50s would they fit on my rims and be able to handle highway travel and more importantly off-road travel? Or am i going to need new rims as well?

Umm, not trying to state the obvious here, but most 35s that use the "35x12.50" size terminology use a 15" diameter rim, while 35s for 16" rims usually use the metric terminology, (305/75R16, or whatever 35s are).

So make sure whatever 35s you are getting are for a 16" diameter wheel if you are trying to reuse your factory wheels.

As for width, anything in the 8"-10" range is fine.

Thanks for the heads up man! I will have to keep that in mind. Its weird too, Because there is a price difference for what looks like the same tire size.

I looked at putting 35's on my stock 17" rims, but would have to add spacers because the backspacing was a rub problem. I went with 15" rims and BFG KM2 35/12.5 and was approx the same price as the tires for the 17's and spacers, and IMO look better.

I looked at putting 35's on my stock 17" rims, but would have to add spacers because the backspacing was a rub problem. I went with 15" rims and BFG KM2 35/12.5 and was approx the same price as the tires for the 17's and spacers, and IMO look better.

35's defenately look better on 15's than 17's. Wish I went to 15's on my JK.

I would imagine a 35x12.50 would rub a little on the lower control arm when turning tight on the factory moab rims. You might need spacers, or a wheel with a different offset. And I think 315/75/16's would be the size tire you'd need to be close to 35's on a 16'' rim.
You could always sell me your moabs ;)

Back