$30 XJ

RatLabGuy

You look like a monkey and smell like one too
Ok, here's some pics of the imfamous $30 XJ.

Of course, when I went to go get it from Dylan, we had to take it for a quick romp aroudn teh woods. It was a lot muddier, but all that fabulous rain a few days ago got rid of a lot of it.

Nice AW sticker!
awww.4rtoy.rewazule.com_Pics__30XJ_start_IMG_4401.jpg

awww.4rtoy.rewazule.com_Pics__30XJ_start_IMG_4402.jpg

awww.4rtoy.rewazule.com_Pics__30XJ_start_IMG_4403.jpg

No interior, but who needs it, lol (insert a seat for Chuck here)

awww.4rtoy.rewazule.com_Pics__30XJ_start_IMG_4404.jpg

awww.4rtoy.rewazule.com_Pics__30XJ_start_IMG_4407.jpg

Dylan - was that rocker panel dent there before or did I do that?

I think that is new. I dont remember that being there. Could it have been the log, that we crossed? Or maybe the drop off into the creek? Either way...I love it!

The interior is crap, but the body aint that bad. You should either fix the interior, or make the body match! I vote....Kill it!

A couple of suggestions to get the XJ ready for the race, things I would do if I won it! I'd weld some angle to the tie rod to beef it up. I've got a Big Daddy tie rod and hit it frequently at URE. Also I'd put a front skid plate on the diff so you can bump your way over the rocks. Find some C channel and weld it to the lower control arm brackets to act as skids. Make sure the bump stops are set correctly. I bottom out the rear of my XJ going over those berms in the trials.

Gary

Someone should post up that video of the guys KILLING that xj. You know, the one where they jump it and roll it and give it lots of love.

We will inspire ratlabguy, like Rocky movies and Italians.(thats a joke, not a racial thing)

A couple of suggestions to get the XJ ready for the race, things I would do if I won it! I'd weld some angle to the tie rod to beef it up. I've got a Big Daddy tie rod and hit it frequently at URE. Also I'd put a front skid plate on the diff so you can bump your way over the rocks. Find some C channel and weld it to the lower control arm brackets to act as skids. Make sure the bump stops are set correctly. I bottom out the rear of my XJ going over those berms in the trials.

Gary

Gary - feel free to swing by sometime and I'll pick yer brain. Have a welder and not afraid to use it!

I need to acquire a few inches of lift for the rear. Have a BB for front. Anybody got some blocks? (I hate these but they fit the budget).

Gary - feel free to swing by sometime and I'll pick yer brain. Have a welder and not afraid to use it!
I need to acquire a few inches of lift for the rear. Have a BB for front. Anybody got some blocks? (I hate these but they fit the budget).

I thought AutoZone sold blocks for cheap

So I made a front bumper for it.
$10 in angle steel, scrap from Atlantic (.250 4x4).
Cut the corners off, used the leftover triangles for mounts to bolt right onto te hfornt of the "frame".
Not pretty, but functional, cheap, and only about 2 hrs lost on it. Fun part is cutting .250 with a hand-held grinder-mounted cutting wheel, lol.

awww.4rtoy.rewazule.com_Pics__30XJ_bumper_IMG_4556.jpg

awww.4rtoy.rewazule.com_Pics__30XJ_bumper_IMG_4557.jpg

awww.4rtoy.rewazule.com_Pics__30XJ_bumper_IMG_4558.jpg

No blocks but I do have a set of 3" coils, 2" short AAL's and LCA's that need the bushings replaced that I need to get rid of. I had them listed on here for $100.00 but i'll take $75.00 if you want to pick them up.

Back