2wd coils not seating

Yay!Gurrr

Better Faster Stronger
Im having trouble getting my front coils fully seated in the lower control arm.

I'm replacing all the suspension bushings/ball joints etc.. That parts good.. But damn I knew when I had trouble getting the big ass coil out it was gonna be a pain going back in.. They gotta be the biggest ass thickest coil spring I've ever seen..

The top is in the upper bucket (hole in frame) and in bottom is in the recessed part of the control arm (definitly not coming out) I can get the lower ball joint stud in the knuckle.. It's just not fully seated in the groove that fits the pig tail on the coil..

It's got to slide back ~1/2" maybe... I greased the bottom of the coil and arm.... Will this coil move in on its own?

I can't get my spring compressor in there as the coil goes upint the frame a lot and there no room for the tool.

any ideas ??

i'm not sure i fully understand what you're saying, but is there a certain orientation that the spring has to go in? as i'm sure you know, depending on how the coil is wound they aren't always flat. possibly that's the case, and you just need to spin them to a certain spot?

I got em in last weekend. 2 floor jacks and a come-along went right in :) Just installed the arms backward, ball joint side first. Then lifter the ears up and pulled in/positioned with come-along.. 10min once i figured out the process...

Back