24valve 5.9 Turbo

NCcummins

NADEAU
I am about to replace the stock trubo the my 24 valve 5.9 cummins. I am looking at the HTT 71 series 62-14. What other turbos do yall think would be a good fit for my application. I use it as a daily driver. I have an Edge, Smarty, FASS, Injectors, AFE, CFM, Magnaflow, and more on it. I will be replacing the stock exhaust manifold with a ATS 3 piece manifold. Any suggestions on another turbo?

Its all in what size injectors you have and what your using the truck for! If your using it for towing a 62/12 or 14 would be great. PLAN AHEAD! Have you done rings and studs yet? What about a clutch or trans?

LOL , not with a CFM intake, Its a Engine protection system, It blows up before reaching critical boost levels :) O-ring are not required but recommended, as well as studs, The 24v cometics are not fairing so well right now! I'm not sure but there saying there coming off the market till further research!

Turbo

Its all in what size injectors you have and what your using the truck for! If your using it for towing a 62/12 or 14 would be great. PLAN AHEAD! Have you done rings and studs yet? What about a clutch or trans?

It has 85hp injectors and a built automatic transmission. I use it for daily driving and very small amounts of towing. I am pretty sure the 62-14 would work good for the application. I have not done head studs head but it is in the future when the funds come around.

Thanks for the help!

You'll be fine without studs and rings probably for a long while. You dont need a 62/14 , you'll only slow your spool, a 62/12 will cool your truck fine and give you great spoolup!

Its a safety blanket, If your not towing over 10,000lbs a 12 will be fine. There very cautious to recommend bigger for growing pains

Back