2019 Jeep Gladiator

My reasoning for a v8 is unmodified power and a base to build on. Mainly towing. I know of a few people that bought JK's to tow boats and campers and sold them and bought a v8 truck because that v6 was gutless...... IMHO a V8 tows better from my experience. Oh yea and they sound cooler.....

Hardcore people like on here sure hate the JT and JL. But they are selling like hot cakes. They are hitting the market. They have no reason to sell them with V8 and tons, as the market isn't there when they can sell millions of them to people that will never go off the road. Jeep does not care about people that are really going to wheel them, and why should they, they are such the minority and wouldn't be worth the money to build.

This plus what percentage of new Rubicons actually make it to a trail in the first say 5 years of ownership. Not many people buy a 45k dollar jeep and then dump another 15k into it, take it out and beat on it. Most just crawl the malls. If they had an option with tons and a v8, I don't think many people would pay the extra 15k to 20k cost for the upgrade.

My reasoning for a v8 is unmodified power and a base to build on.

The designer talked SOME about being a base to build on in the video below.

He said he KNOWS many of them will leave the dealer and go straight to the tire shop for 35's, and even the spare tub is made to fit 35's......talks about the frame, being more TRUCK and tow pig than Jeep...etc, and brags about the towing capacity. WHY they think this V6 is up for REAL truck towing is beyond me though

This plus what percentage of new Rubicons actually make it to a trail in the first say 5 years of ownership. Not many people buy a 45k dollar jeep and then dump another 15k into it, take it out and beat on it. Most just crawl the malls. If they had an option with tons and a v8, I don't think many people would pay the extra 15k to 20k cost for the upgrade.

There is a JK Rubicon in the parking lot of my work with street tires on it.:shaking:

skip the V8 and the V6 and go for the diesel.

The CRDs in the libertys are getting mid 30s mpg on stock tires and mid to high 20s lifted.

towing ability is great and mileage isnt affected all that bad.

the horsepower in these v6 are all at high RPMs. thats horrible for towing or hauling.

This ^^ if all the emissions equipment will prove reliable , plus i would like to see an option with a little lower gear than just the 4.10. I mean 35in tires fit so easily, Also they have the 8 spd trans with a couple of overdrives to get there mpg claims.

Last edited:
My wife’s JLU Rubicon is stock with the exception of a winch. The 3.6 V6 got a slight tune for the JLs over the JKs. In Drive from a standstill I can spin the factory BFGs. Not a tire roasting monster by any means though. Also the pick up from a rolling start is great. Sharing for those who claim the V6 sux. It doesn’t. Hers is loaded but without leather and a hardtop. Stickered for $52k

As for the JL, it’s gonna sell like gangbusters. There will be a Sport, Overland, and Rubicon edition. I bet a similarly equipped JT like my wife’s JL will probably add $8k so yea that’s way too much for a midsize truck. But for those who want a midsize truck that’s a convertible I’d bet the Sport will do just fine and be reasonable in price.

For me a truck is a full size V8. I don’t need or want a midsize truck. (Says the guy with 2 Scramblers) But this thing is gonna sell and sell and sell.

BA170E88-8A65-4FD2-9412-245067848820.jpeg
I liked this the best

Haha!!!!
I will say we have a few things in the works with the gladiator and do have quite a few on order....The gladiator will never compare to the AEV brute or our RubiTrux conversions, Will it affect our sales on our conversions on trucks no.....As most of my conversion trucks are hemi swapped or LSX swapped.....But I’m sure we will take a gladiator pull the drivetrain I need to do a super charged 6.2 or a stroked 7.3 but all in all gladiator nice truck but has its pros and cons but definitely won’t compare to our trucks that are built now but we shall see

But all in all the gladiator is not the type of vehicle that we would use for what we do this is more of the uppity up people that say they want to drive a jeep and have a truck....this is more geared for a newer class of people and not for our intended purpose

The reason that AEV dropped the Brute, sales were not what they were hoping for, and they sold all the designs to Jeep! It looks like a Double Cab on a JL platform.

For me a truck is a full size V8.

That's not even true anymore. Only 25% of new F150s get an 8 cylinder. The most popular engine is the 2.7L.

In a few years, there may not be a V8 option at all.

It’s kind if funny really. On one hand people are going crazy about the new truck, have been begging for one for years. Now that it’s here people are ripping it to shreds for not being over the top or whatever. If it goes a lot it won’t wheel a lot. My NPR project is 4WD and believe me will not impress on the flex ramp but it will pull me out of a slick situation. I guess it makes my head hurt reading the two sides bash he other.

I rank it up there with tuner companies bragging their version of a performance can out run the factory model. Hell give me enough money I can do that. If you can’t beat the standard with an unlimited budget then you shouldn’t be in the business anyway.

Ok I guess I feel better..... rant off.

The reason that AEV dropped the Brute, sales were not what they were hoping for, and they sold all the designs to Jeep! It looks like a Double Cab on a JL platform.
The Brute was $80k +

Why would AEV keep making it when Jeep was bringing a much cheaper version to market?

Jeep is gonna sell every single one they make.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

what ever happened to the concept jeep based on the gladiator?

Back