2019 CTB Schedule CHAT

You know...if you had attended the Christmas party you could have had input :flipoff2:

giphy.gif

I forgot to send my personal assistant that weekend :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when yall have OBX on the schedule for May 18th, exactly where do yall go?

@obullfish knows the most about the area, we'll more than likely do whatever he recommends.
Troy probably knows the area better than I do. The area we stayed is the northern most part of the OBX called Carova Beach also known as 4x4 beach. It is a 11 mile stretch of beach with not paved roads up to the Va state line. Has tons of trails behind the dunes and some major deep water holes.

So, from talking to several members, it sounds like only a few members are going to make it to Rausch Creek in June due to distance and price. While I love Rausch Creek and would love to go back, I was wondering if anyone would be up for trying Burning Rock Off Road Park in Beckley WV instead? It's a lot closer,(a little over 200 miles from Burlington) and cheaper, ($20.00 membership and $20.00 a day compared to $20.00 membership and $50.00 a day at Rausch). Though it's open to ATV's it is for Jeeps too and is 10,000 acres with 100 miles of trails of all difficulty ratings.

Burning Rock West Virginia Off Road Park | Tams WV

I would love to , but need to attend a true patriot event the saturday of that weekend, then going on the smoky mtn 1,000 that monday

I'm not gonna make Rausch, too far and I don't have enough vacation time to spend multiple days there. I'm thinking of rolling down to Gulches that month though.

I'm not gonna make Rausch, too far and I don't have enough vacation time to spend multiple days there. I'm thinking of rolling down to Gulches that month though.
so what about Burning Rock? It's no further than gulches. It's not too far from Potts. In fact it's probably less than 200 miles from your house

so what about Burning Rock? It's no further than gulches. It's not too far from Potts. In fact it's probably less than 200 miles from your house

We can discuss it at AOP and Chocco, from what I gathered there were still a few members wanting to go to Rausch. Which if that's the case it'll stay the official ride for the month and we can have alternate rides as well.

Sounds good. And just to be clear, I am not against Rausch Creek at all. It just sounded like hardly anyone was going. But I am more than happy to make the trip as long as I am not the only one that shows up.

Back