2012 NC RallyCross schedule

thecarman

The 2012 schedule is not on the official THSCC calendar yet, and some of the dates may move around a little as it's finalized, and some of the locations are missing (which probably will be the Clayton site where ECORS guys attended last year).

March 11 - Wilson
April
May 27 - Garysburg
June 17 - Wilson
July 8 - Wilson
Sept 23 - Garysburg
Oct 14 - Wilson
Nov 4 - Wilson

The Wilson, NC site is not rough at all, so I encourage even cars (that don't mind getting dirty and some gravel chips in paint) to come out and have a blast - a very flat track with gravel sections.

The Garysburg, NC site will probably also be flat. Probably all dirt. It will be the first time we've had a RallyX there, so I don't have a lot of details.

The Clayton, NC site (see thread below) is very rough.

For information about the last event of 2012 in Clayton (including info about what a RallyX is, what kind of vehicles can race there, and how much fun it is :driver:), see this thread: http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122882

Feel free to post any general questions here. Start a new thread if it's about one of the specific 2012 events. As each event approaches, I'll start a new thread for it (if one doesn't already exist).

Hey man is there any site with rules and info like ECORS has that I could check out I would really be interested in doing something like this.

Read this thread for how I explained it last year:
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122882

There are no rules limiting what modifications you can make (like they don't care if you have lockers, or modified suspension, or engine swap, or what kind of tires you run). For lifted 4x4s, they may need to see a picture before the event to see if they'll let you run - if it's going to be a potential rollover when driven on this type of course, they won't allow it. This is mentioned in that thread.

There are rules about safety - your vehicle must pass tech. See that thread. And the helmet rule is mentioned there too - helmets must be:
> Snell M, K and SA dated 2000 or newer
> both open and closed face style helmets allowed.
> NO DOT ONLY rated helmets allowed.
> the club has helmets you can borrow if you don't have this kind.

When I have some time, I'll put together a whole summary of the 4x4-related rules/questions so they are easy to find and I don't have to re-type them for each event.

If enough 4x4s pre-register (like at least 5 or 6), they will get their own class (so compete against each other, rather than the cars). But if it's just a few 4x4s, they will be classed with the AWD card.

Yeah I've got a question. Ok I have a 2wd ford ranger is their a class that I Could put that in and if so what do I need to do to it to make it through tech

Sorry for delayed reply. Yes there is a class for you. To get thru tech, have working brakes, throttle return spring, seatbelt, and no loose suspension parts (they will shake each tire and it shouldn't move)

Back