2012 Camaro ZL1 6spd Manual!

Discussion in 'Vehicles For Sale' started by ihaterice, Apr 30, 2020.

1. ihaterice

ihaterice Well-Known Member

Might not be the best place for this, but I figure I'd try.
    Looking to sell my 2012 ZL1, 55k miles, 6spd manual.
    For those that don't know, this has the 6.2L supercharged LSA engine. Has Heads up display, factory launch control, magnetic 2 mode ride suspension, massive Brembo brakes etc.
    This car is fully loaded with all options, suede steering wheel, suede shift knob, sunroof, factory blue tooth radio, Boston acoustic sound system, Brand new BFG tires.
    Never been molested or abused! Car is one of 69 CTF cars. That is GM Captured Test Fleet, preproduction car driven around by GM execs before the ZL1 was released. Vin number confirms this, if you are not familiar with this then Google ZL1 CTF. ZL1 registry lists the vin code that shows it is a CTF car. This is also one of 52 yellow ZL1s with the M6 in 2012 and only a handful of those were CTF cars. Car has never been wrecked, never flooded and 100% original condition and in great shape, interior 10/10, exterior 8.5/10. But title marked rebuilt by GM when it was sold because it was a CTF car, but carfax and autocheck both show clean history, just originally title when sold off from GM was marked 'Salvage/rebuilt'

Asking $25,000 obo. Located in Hampstead NC. zl1 front left.jpg zl1-2.jpg zl1-4.jpg zl1-5.jpg zl1-8.jpg zl1-9.jpg zl1-10.jpg zlq-3.jpg

Paul, Andy J., 89xjnc and 1 other person like this.
  2. GReddyteg95

GReddyteg95 Well-Known Member

:driver:Beautiful

3. 1stgenxxx

1stgenxxx Well-Known Member

dannnnng

4. ihaterice

ihaterice Well-Known Member

Yeah its a lot of fun too! Also forgot to mention it has the factory dual mode exhaust...basically a built in muffler bypass when the RPMs get over like 2k. Keeps the neighbors happy when you drive nice, but currently I've pulled that fuse so they don't close!
    But anyway this car just didn't fit my needs and I felt bad using it as a daily driver and adopted my dog shortly after getting it and knew I'd never taker her in this car so its just not practical for me right now...
    Instead I replaced it with a 2009 CTSV 6spd manual with the same LSA engine so no I've got a 4 door supercharged LS fun car and really need garage space to start putting the CTSV inside!

Paul likes this.
  5. Paul

Paul Dr 'Dre Moderator

DAYUM!

I'd kill myself in this thing...
    GLWS!

GONOVRIT, spraypaintman and No fries like this.
  6. 1983Bronco

1983Bronco Well-Known Member

What is a ctf car? Thanks

trailhugger likes this.
  7. Burley910

Burley910 Member

Captured test fleet car.

8. 1983Bronco

Can u send vin? Does front of title say salvage?

trailhugger likes this.
  9. 87TPIYJ

87TPIYJ Well-Known Member

Trying to insure it wont be fun.

10. shelby27604

shelby27604 Well-Known Member

Insurance won't be a problem, CTF is what they call a "PEP" vehicle in GM, it means an executive or someone in the camaro program was given the car (car, ins. gas) for ~$100/month. It is a glorified inhouse testing vehicle. I watched a guy in the truck department roast the tires off a NBS 2500 that had less than 100 miles on the clock.

These vehicles do everything from magazine shoots to picking up groceries, nothing special about the VIN, insurance probably can't tell the difference (or doesn't care, as long as you don't associate an increased value with that status)

11. 87TPIYJ

87TPIYJ Well-Known Member

Still it’s salvage titled.

12. shelby27604

shelby27604 Well-Known Member

I missed that....I guess I read everything but the last 4 words!

Maybe Hagerty would insure it?

13. 1983Bronco

Send me vin

14. yodaman88

yodaman88 Well-Known Member

He's my brother. Yes, title says salvaged. It was never wrecked. GM gives a salvage title when they sell it out of their fleet so they don't have to warranty it. If he doesn't reply with the vin I'll grab it on my lunch break.

As for insurance, I have a salvage title corvette, he the camro, we both use geico for full coverage and it's no more expensive than normal.