2011 SX/MX season

drkelly

Dipstick who put two vehicles on jack stands
Anyone else on here watch the SX and MX races? I didn't miss a single one during 2010 thanks to my DVR, lol.

I am getting pumped for the 2011 season!

I think Dungey is going to be a serious force. He is at the top of his game, and just made history in 2010 by being the first rookie to win both the SX and MX championships. Same team, same bike, same mechanic. Different manager though, so we will see. On a side note, I can't believe Suzuki wouldn't sign Decoster to the multi year contract that he wanted.

Canard is also going to be tough. He showed us during his off weeks during the 2010 SX series that he can ride the 450 and hang with the big boys.

Reed shocked me this past year by breaking his 2 year contract with Kawasaki after the first year. He just didn't seem to be committed and have his head in the game 100%. I don't know. Maybe there is more to it. I just didn't believe the whole epstein barr syndrome deal. I looked to me like he just gave up. Now he is starting his own team for 2011. I think it is the beginning of the end for his career. I don't think he will be at the front of the pack this year, but I hope I am wrong.

I don't think the TV star is going to dominate in 2011 like he has done in the past. He will be coming into the season very cold having missed almost the whole 2010 year of racing.

Villopotto will probably be getting fully up to speed during the SX series like last year. I haven't heard much about him lately. Hopefully he will be 100% for A1.

I'd love to see Kevin Windham win at least one race next year too, but the competition is going to be stacked.

Anyone else on here watch the SX and MX races? I didn't miss a single one during 2010 thanks to my DVR, lol.
I am getting pumped for the 2011 season!
I think Dungey is going to be a serious force. He is at the top of his game, and just made history in 2010 by being the first rookie to win both the SX and MX championships. Same team, same bike, same mechanic. Different manager though, so we will see. On a side note, I can't believe Suzuki wouldn't sign Decoster to the multi year contract that he wanted.
Canard is also going to be tough. He showed us during his off weeks during the 2010 SX series that he can ride the 450 and hang with the big boys.
Reed shocked me this past year by breaking his 2 year contract with Kawasaki after the first year. He just didn't seem to be committed and have his head in the game 100%. I don't know. Maybe there is more to it. I just didn't believe the whole epstein barr syndrome deal. I looked to me like he just gave up. Now he is starting his own team for 2011. I think it is the beginning of the end for his career. I don't think he will be at the front of the pack this year, but I hope I am wrong.
I don't think the TV star is going to dominate in 2011 like he has done in the past. He will be coming into the season very cold having missed almost the whole 2010 year of racing.
Villopotto will probably be getting fully up to speed during the SX series like last year. I haven't heard much about him lately. Hopefully he will be 100% for A1.
I'd love to see Kevin Windham win at least one race next year too, but the competition is going to be stacked.

I haven't followed it much in the last few years but used to go to Southwick, Mass MX event almost every year. Right there with you about Windham. He keeps charging hard even though injuries have plagued him in the past. It would be cool to see him atop the podium some time this year.

I have to admit, I've been "out of the loop" as far as keeping up with SX or MX racing for the past several years. I used to follow it pretty closely when I was racing but it seems to have been pushed to the back burner with kids and jeep stuff now.

3 days till Anaheim 1!

I just found out last week that Christophe Pourcel is not racing supercross this year. I'm kind of bummed about that.

Hate to say it but Mr. TV is owning this year. Reed and Villipoto are killing it too. I have a feeling Conard is going to get the first Honda win of the season.

You nailed it with the Canard comment!

Just to back up a bit, Stewart looked like his old self at Anaheim 2 jumping things on the track that no one else will do. He was the only rider doing a quad jump in that rythm section. Villopotto did it once but about piled it up so he backed it down. Reed admitted that he didn't even try it.

Houston was interesting. Stewart did his typical head up his ass, 'I'm the only one on the track riding', and rear ended Jason Thomas crashing them both. Interesting that he didn't learn anything from the accident with Kyle Partridge at the beginning of last year. The lites class was some good racing with Barcia and Wilson.

You nailed it with the Canard comment!
Just to back up a bit, Stewart looked like his old self at Anaheim 2 jumping things on the track that no one else will do. He was the only rider doing a quad jump in that rythm section. Villopotto did it once but about piled it up so he backed it down. Reed admitted that he didn't even try it.
Houston was interesting. Stewart did his typical head up his ass, 'I'm the only one on the track riding', and rear ended Jason Thomas crashing them both. Interesting that he didn't learn anything from the accident with Kyle Partridge at the beginning of last year. The lites class was some good racing with Barcia and Wilson.
Blah blah blah.....Quit talking about riding, get off your old, married ass and go to Brushy Mt with us this wekeend.:flipoff2:

Yeh, I am not really a fan of Stewart. I don't have a favorite rider, but I'd like to see Canard finish in the top three this year and take a couple more wins. I would also like to see Reed do well.

Blah blah blah.....Quit talking about riding, get off your old, married ass and go to Brushy Mt with us this wekeend.:flipoff2:

One day I am going to show up and you will be shocked!

Hopefully I'll see you at DPG the next w/e.

Most of the races come on SpeedTV. A few of them air on CBS.

Here is the schedule as of today, but it changes without notice.

Round 8 is airing LIVE this Saturday night at 10:30pm.

Monster Energy Supercross Racing
Round 1 - Anaheim 1 - LIVE
01.08.11 - 10:00PM ET on SPEED

Round 2 - Phoenix - LIVE
01.15.11 - 9:30PM ET on SPEED

Round 3 - Los Angeles
01.23.11 - 12:00PM ET on CBS

Monster Energy Supercross Lites Racing
Round 3 - Los Angeles
01.28.11 - 3:00PM ET on SPEED

Round 4 - Oakland
01.30.11 - 12:00PM ET on CBS

Round 4 - Oakland
01.30.11 - 6:00PM ET on SPEED

Round 4 - Oakland - (Repeat)
02.04.11 - 3:00AM ET on SPEED

Round 5 - Anaheim 2
02.06.11 - 4:00PM ET on SPEED

Round 5 - Anaheim 2
02.06.11 - 5:00PM ET on SPEED

Round 6 - St. Louis
02.10.11 - 12:00PM ET on CBS

Round 7 - Houston
02.13.11 - 12:00PM ET on CBS

Round 7 - Houston
02.13.11 - 4:00PM ET on SPEED

Round 7 - Houston - (Repeat)
02.18.11 - 3:00AM ET on SPEED

Round 8 - San Diego - LIVE
02.19.11 - 10:30PM ET on SPEED

Round 9 - Jacksonville
02.20.11 - 6:00PM ET on SPEED

Round 10 - Atlanta - LIVE
02.26.11 - 7:30PM ET on SPEED

Supercross - Legends
02.27.11 - 12:00PM ET on SPEED

Round 11 - Indianapolis - LIVE
03.12.11 - 7:30PM ET on SPEED

Round 9 - Jacksonville
03.20.11 - 5:00PM ET on SPEED

Round 12 - Toronto
03.27.11 - 5:00PM ET on SPEED

Round 12 - Toronto
03.27.11 - 6:00PM ET on SPEED

Round 13 - Arlington/Dallas
04.03.11 - 12:00PM ET on CBS

Round 13 - Arlington/Dallas
04.03.11 - 6:00PM ET on SPEED

Round 13 - Arlington/Dallas - (Repeat)
04.08.11 - 3:00AM ET on SPEED

Round 14 - Seattle - LIVE
04.16.11 - 10:30PM ET on SPEED

Round 15 - Salt Lake City
05.01.11 - 12:00PM ET on CBS

Round 15 - Salt Lake City
05.01.11 - 6:00PM ET on SPEED

Round 15 - Salt Lake City - (Repeat)
05.06.11 - 3:00PM ET on SPEED

Round 16 - Las Vegas - LIVE
05.07.11 - 10:00PM ET on SPEED

I wouldn't say I'm a "Stewart" fan, but he can do some amazing things out there. I am however a big Conard fan and the kid is going to be amazing. Hell I'm hoping a Honda team will take it home this season.

Stewart rearending Jason Thomas last w/e in Houston.

Changing lanes in the air last year in Phoenix.

His younger brother piled it up too in his first pro race

I'm not a complete hater though. He was the only one doing a quad through this section at Anaheim 2. There is no denying that the man has superior skills on a motorcycle.

This is an extremely close series. It sucks that Canard is out. Stewart seems to have his old flow back. Maybe that arrest incident caused him to refocus harder on racing.

Just finished watching St Louis, and now watching Seattle. Man this is fun to watch, wish I had cable and DVR...

Back