2009 Jeep not starting - need mechanic in Charlotte

MomMarc

Hello. New to forum since it was suggested to me that someone on forum might have suggestion for us. Our 23 yr old daughter got a 2009 Jeep in 2020. Had some starting issues in 2021 & took it to a mechanic in her college town. They were perplexed because it would start for them ok. They ended up replacing starter and checking some cables. Since then she’s had periodic problems but nothing consistent … a Aaa driver had suggested she put in neutral & by doing that in past she was able to start it. But this week she’s been having a lot of difficulty starting and now it won’t start at all. She just had battery replaced by AAA and still not starting so going to need to have it towed to mechanic. Anyone have any suggestions on good Jeep mechanic in Charlotte? she’s in Southend area. Any suggestions on what they should look for? If I should post this somewhere else, feel free to let me know. Thank you!

Highway 16 Auto Repair,1713 N Nc 16 Business Hwy, Denver, NC 28037​

Has some good mechanics & one Special Jeep Mechanic. They not hard to get to, if you don't mind a few miles. Straight up Hwy 16 four lane, then switch over to old business 16 for a couple miles or less.

Did it have issues while running? or just issues getting it to start?
If just starting issues. My first two inclinations are a failing neutral safety switch. or a lose shifter cable

If it was loose shifter cable. You could shift all the way down to first. Then come up to neutral, and just half past but not into P. As if you are justing giving a little extra budge to make sure make it into neutral. Or vice versa from park (just past neutral then back). Or depending on the model you crawl under and manually move the lever

Back