2009 can am outlander any input?

bottomland4x4

i have a chance to trade my 700 grizzly for an outlander 800. it is newer and has less miles. well i dont know a lot about them and was wondering if anyone on here has one or has any experience with one? are they reliable? they seem to be a power house!
the one i am looking at is an 800r efi 2009 with 400 miles.

I have never owned one myself, but friends that i know that have can-am's love them! Like you said they are powerhouse's and from what i've heard they are reliable.

Just saw this...If I was in the market for a newer quad it would be a Bombardier/Can-Am hands down. Yeah they dont have the dealer support around here like other brands do, but from my experience with one, its rare that it needs to go to the dealer. The new Outlanders are tanks and are wicked powerful. We have a Bombardier Traxxter 500 and a Polaris Sportsman 400 here at the house. The Polaris is a turd, is an engineering nightmare and breaks all the time. The Bombardier gets oil changes, coolant flush every season and some air in the tires every now and then and thats it. The Polaris has had 2 starters, a CV Axle, pull cord and housing among other things.

aimg69.imageshack.us_img69_2820_16299774385913845829703.jpg

Yes it hauled 5 people up a steep snowy slope without much struggle.

i test drove the 800 and wasnt that impressed. it had good power but the 31 inch tires probably killed most of the power. it would have been better stock. it was modded out with exhaust, lift, 31s, skids, snorkel etc..

I've rode with some guys on can ams. I rode one for a few miles and was glad to get off of it. It had very good power and rode very good but the brakes were terrible. I rode through some water and then got on the brakes. It sounded like I ran over a cat and it was all over the place. I've spent some time on a grizzly too and the grizzly would be my choice.

My buddy has a outlander 800 all I have to say is they are badass. I would not consider any other model. I have rode the brute force and the outlander puts it to shame. The power of them stock with 2 people on there is out standing!

BRUTE FORCE

the name says it all.........i have a camo 2009 efi with 30'' black mamba's, lift kit, and clutch mods and it will :wheel:in tha mud if you give it hell........not to mention i pulled a 800 like a F-350 with 4flat slicks on rockwells:driver:dependable as hell..........END OF STORY!

Not an 800 Can Am...but I have a buddy with a 1000 Renegade and it's been getting fixed as much as he's ridden it. Busted the rear diff yesterday for the second time, not to mention 3 or 4 broken axles. Granted, they have 82 hp stock, but to me it's uncomfortable and the lack of a front locker really sucks. I two wheel most places on a Grizzly 700 where the 1000 or 800 is in 4wd slinging mess everywhere...even with my 29.5s vs. their 31s. I'm very satified with my Grizzly and I've been a Yamaha fan since I got my first one...a Bear Tracker lol..then a 400 Big Bear and now a 700 Grizzly FI non-EPS. BTW, the Grizzly has a very good power to weight ratio compared to some of the other big bores.

A guy at work is getting rid of an 800 Can Am, not because he doesn't like it, he just wants a side by side. Otherwise he is a big fan.

It's up to you though. Since it's an even trade (as long as both are paid for), you can't really go wrong either way. FWIW, I rode with a friend of a friend earlier this year who had a 660 Grizzly with 23,000 miles on it. No motor work, original belt, but obviously regular up keep. Haven't seen anything else with miles on it like that.

Wouldn't have a Brute Force if you gave it to me. Just not a fan...seen a lot of them tore up, but more than that I just don't care for the looks of them. To each their own.

i have two, one is an 07 outlander max xt LTD, 800CC, the other is an 09 outlander max xt, 916cc. It is modded and has addons. Canam, it's a hit or miss with them. Yea, they have power but pending if you buy on a Monday or a Friday(as some say), I'd rather be riding then having to fix it. The money they cost, warranty, and dependability are issues. I currently have the 09 up for sale on craigslist in Tricities TN. If i can be of more help, let me know or if you in Elizabethton TN, stop by & check them out?

Attachments

• DSCN1720.JPG
    DSCN1720.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 419
  • DSCN1726.JPG
    DSCN1726.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 360
Back