2005 chevy wheels on early D60s

Chuckman

will a current/recent model chevy (2005) wheel fit on an early 8x6.5" pattern CUCV D60 donor? I know the bolt pattern is called out in metric on the new stuff but converts closely 6.49 vs 6.5, but the lug nut hole on the new is 14mm vs stud being 1/2 (12.7mm) on the new. but that might just be clearance. I like the new wheels because the offset is very close to what I need. it does look like the hub bore is enough to clear the 60 stuff.

thx guys,
Chuck

exit, all H1's were 14mm wheel stud, and thats what Im running. so thats a clue.

GM didn't use 1/2" studs on 8 lug stuff, the older stuff was 9/16". All the GM trucks used a 14mm stud from the early 90s. 14mm and 9/16" are very close in size, so no worries of the lug holes being too small. If you happen to see a rim listed as 8x165.1mm, that's 8x6.5. 165.1/25.4= 6.5.

If you want to run stock GM center caps that need the external threads on the lug nut, conversion nuts are readily available online or if you just want a standard lug nut, Dodge trucks used 9/16" studs in to the mid 2000s and have the proper, large acorn style. If you use the smaller acorns like were factory on a CUCV, it'll gouge up the seat area in the lug holes.

The hub center is also the same diameter, right around 4.600" so they still fit nice and snug like they're supposed to.

So yes, any 8 lug GM wheel made before 2010 will fit an older GM truck.

Last edited:
Back