2004 Yukon trailer wiring

Your Hot Dog Guy!

I've got all the lights working on the trailer RT, LT, Tail, Brake. I can't get power on the red wire that is supposed to give 12volts to my trailer(I have a battery in my trailer) My other Surburban kept my battery charged while I drove but this one says in the O manual that is a jumper that has to be installed. Any body got a Chevy or GMC that can help me? I'm not talking about the breakaway battery that locks your brakes, although that would work.

There is a fuse that is not installed from the factory in the underhood fuse box. Usually if your truck came with the towing package, the missing fuse is electrical taped to the trailer brake adapter harness included with the truck. There is usually a red blank covering the slot the fuse goes into in the fuse box. Its an odd shaped long fuse.

I'll check that first thing in the morning and give my findings, Thanks

Spot On! Thanks again for the help. The fuse was exactly where you said it would be and went in the fuse box and the red wire is now hot! This would also help others if they wanted to charge their boat, or the camper, or a trailer with a winch! My hot dog cart has a 12 volt bat. which runs my water pump for the sink, as I tow it to locations the tow vehicle charges the battery.

Back