2004.5 Dodge 2500 CCLB

Discussion in 'Vehicles For Sale' started by GReddyteg95, Aug 8, 2019.

1. GReddyteg95

GReddyteg95 Well-Known Member

Up for sale is a my '04.5 Dodge 2500. 182xxx miles. Crew cab. Laramie package. Leather. All power. 5.9 HO Cummins with 6 speed manual transmission. 100% bone stock.
    Truck has began to smoke from what I believe to be the crank case?? Has blow by. I still drive it weekly and it performs as normal however she will need attention in the future. Truck has a new reman turbo and two new batteries. There is a dent in the top of the tailgate. Passenger fender has damage and there is some down the lower passenger bedside also. Interior is clean for it's age.

$12,500 FIRM

New 8-19 grey 2500, etc 050.jpg New 8-19 grey 2500, etc 049.jpg New 8-19 grey 2500, etc 040.jpg New 8-19 grey 2500, etc 038.jpg new 9-19 012.jpg new 9-19 013.jpg new 9-19 011.jpg new 9-19 014.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 1:04 PM
    scrubber3, shelby27604 and 89xjnc like this.
  2. GReddyteg95

Bump!

3. GReddyteg95

To the top!

4. GReddyteg95

Truck is still here. Clutch master or slave has went out so it's sitting until my mechanic gets back from vacation.

5. GReddyteg95

Installing a new clutch hopefully next week.

6. GReddyteg95

Interior pictures posted.

tobaccoroad4wd likes this.
  7. GReddyteg95

It's still sitting in line at the shop for a clutch. Also have a set of 18" XD wheels that I could throw in for $900 more.

8. GReddyteg95

Bringing the truck home today, Lord willing. My mechanic hasn't got to the clutch yet so I have decided to wait until tax time to repair. Truck will remain for sale as is for $12k picked up. There is no wiggle room as I owe more than this on the truck.

Possibly trade for a regular cab 2000 up and cash. Thanks.

9. GReddyteg95

I have placed another 1k miles on the truck since the last post. Truck runs out great if you can deal with the smoke. I plan to continue driving until sold or tax season(whichever comes first).

Bump!

10. Steve_Kibbe

Steve_Kibbe Well-Known Member

Has the new clutch been installed? I'm passing this along to a friend.

11. GReddyteg95

It hasn't. The shop kept pushing it back so I picked it up and started driving again. Drove it on a two hour trip yesterday with no issues.

12. GReddyteg95

The issue is looking more like injectors than anything at this point. May have them tested in the future.

13. tw89yj

tw89yj Well-Known Member

So what is the price, given it needs a set of injectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. GReddyteg95

$12500 is the price given the repairs needed.

shelby27604 likes this.
  15. BigGreenMonster

BigGreenMonster Well-Known Member

If your injectors are bad you need to stop driving it. If you have blowby it does not matter because you have already ruined the engine and are maybe 8k too high. Looks like a nice truck but a rebuild is 8-12k depending on parts

16. GReddyteg95

I was quoted $4k by a local diesel shop to rebuild the engine with OEM Cummins parts from Cummins Atlantic. Injectors would be another $1500 if they were a problem. The rebuid kit is only $1200 and with machining, could be done for less than $2k. If you did the labor yourself, it would save $2k and have enough for injectors. $8k for a rebuild would be all Hamilton internals, oversize injectors and a Hotrod pump to boot.

17. 77GreenMachine

77GreenMachine Phillip Talton

I have refrained from saying anything but I have many times began to type it out. And I mean this respectfully, no trash talking just giving informative advice...

That’s a really high price given it has known blow-by and possibly needs injectors. There are many other trucks ready to roll with prices very similar, and some less. Again no disrespect, just letting you know. I know of the same truck but a dually that only needs a new driver for the same price, among several others for sell.

stack likes this.
  18. GReddyteg95

I will listen to cash offers in person. My truck is thousands less than any truck remotely like it listed online that I have seen and I search Marketplace and Craigslist daily. I have tried to list it comparatively. If the truck were fixed mechanically and all body issues were resolved, it would be an $18-$19k truck. Again, I will listen to offers in person but not interested in listening to internet warriors with low ball offers.

19. YCWheeler

YCWheeler Well-Known Member

I see trucks like this priced all over the Internet for $18k+ all the way to $28K, not saying they are bringing it, but I would give $10K for this truck respectfully and fix repairs for $5-8k and still have a nice, fully loaded “less than 200K” manual, 4x4, non def diesel for less than $20k

20. 77GreenMachine

I wasn’t trying to be a dick or an internet warrior. I should have known it wouldn’t be taken well.

Good luck with sale.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020 at 9:19 AM
    GReddyteg95 likes this.
  21. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

22. 77GreenMachine

Leave it to the frenchie to catch my grammatical error :D

Bebop likes this.
  23. GReddyteg95

No harm, no foul. Thank you, sir.