2000 F150 SAS Rebuild

2000F150SAS

First I want to thanks WARRIORWELDING for his welding advice, MARSFAB (Chris) for is advice on the long arm build, and CAROLINA TRUGGIES (Alex) for the great adjustable coil buckets.

Old drop and radius arms:
awww.supermotors.net_getfile_767502_fullsize_fitup19.jpg

New arms:
awww.supermotors.net_getfile_856246_fullsize_100_2117.jpg

New crossmember:
awww.supermotors.net_getfile_860330_fullsize_100_2217.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_861785_fullsize_new_crossmember_1.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_861786_fullsize_new_crossmember_2.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_861784_fullsize_spring_bucket_1.jpg

Waiting on new 6" springs.

JOhn:usa:

Very jealous I wanted to do this to my old 98 F150

Done

New arms and crossmember installed:
awww.supermotors.net_getfile_864232_fullsize_radius_arms1.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_864233_fullsize_radius_arms2.jpg

New adjustable coil buckets installed:
awww.supermotors.net_getfile_864234_fullsize_spring_bucket_4.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_864235_fullsize_spring_bucket_3.jpg

Final Stance (it's level)
awww.supermotors.net_getfile_864236_fullsize_new_stance.jpg

:usa:

Very nice. Now you got me looking for another F-150 so I can finally fulfil my dream to own a 97-03 sas F-150

I really want to get a cheap 97-99 extended cab & either do a lightning swap or 5.4 4valve navigator swap with a sas swap. I assume your running Dana 44/Ford 9 inch? I want to do Dana 60 out of a newer Superduty and the Sterling 10.5 in the back. I really like the stance of your truck It looks like the height I want to run. I've done the research on the swap so I know how much these trucks suck doing the sas, was your truck originally a 4x4, and if so how did you deal with the crossmember interference issues? Sorry for all the ?s but if I get this internship with Carolina Cat I plan on getting a newer truck & I really want to get another one of these generation F-150s

I really want to get a cheap 97-99 extended cab & either do a lightning swap or 5.4 4valve navigator swap with a sas swap. I assume your running Dana 44/Ford 9 inch? I want to do Dana 60 out of a newer Superduty and the Sterling 10.5 in the back. I really like the stance of your truck It looks like the height I want to run. I've done the research on the swap so I know how much these trucks suck doing the sas, was your truck originally a 4x4, and if so how did you deal with the crossmember interference issues? Sorry for all the ?s but if I get this internship with Carolina Cat I plan on getting a newer truck & I really want to get another one of these generation F-150s

I bought the truck new in 2000 as a 2wd. I have a Dana 44 and 9.75 disc brake rear (was a 8.8 and drum brakes). Both rears are geared with 4:88's by Chase at East Coast Gear. Had to replace the manual trans. with a manual trans. from a 4x4 and installed a manual t-case from a 2005 F150. Yes it's a V6!! Plan on running a M-112 03-04 Cobra Blower on the V6 in the future once I pull the engine to rebuild it. Once I pull the engine I'll remove the stock engine crossmember and build something smaller and cleaner. New trans. crossmember, moved the steering box forward about 6", drop pitman arm from a 90 Bronco and a 90 Bronco front drive shaft shorten 1".

John:usa:

This isn't the first V6 I've seen with a sas there is a guy on F150online named 4.2trimble that's been sas but its ridiculously huge. It's built for Florida mud and runs leaves up front. I've heard the 2wd is a lot easier to sas. I really like your truck a lot. The 9 3/4 is a pretty stout rear & I know I'll get flak for this but its comparable to the Dana 60.
http://www.fourwheeler.com/techarti...02_ford_f150_975_axle_build/photos_specs.html

Back