2 1/4" Pipe

YJJPWrangler87

anyone got a piece of that will sleeve a piece of 2 1/4" pipe...it only needs to be about 5 1/2" long. Anyone in Raleigh/Durham?

Zack

'splain that better...you looking for something 2-1/4 ID that will sleeve over...??? Or you need 2-1/4 OD to go inside????? Or what?

I got some drops...depending on what you need.

I have a rubber bushing that has a OD of 2 1/4" I need a piece of pipe that will be able to go around it.

Zack

anybody got any? this is the last thing thats holding us back from getting amandas jeep up and running. or will i need this to be turned down on a lathe?

Zack

I'll check tomorrow, PM you if I have it.

What is the exact application? Can't figure out what you are building...just curious

its gonna sleeve a rubber bushing for a Control Arm...ill be posting pics of it on the 92 XJ build thread in truck gallery in a day or so. we have the exact size in exhaust tubing but since this joint is gonna see a lot of up/down and left/right motion, i would think the exhaust tubing would not hold up at all.

Zack

Don't skimp on this. I have broke mine 3 times now. That is why I am upgrading it. I was going to build long arms like you but rather than that decided to do an axle swap at the same time. 44 and 9" with Radius arms. As soon as I get the Mustang engine in I will start the Jeep build.

don't worry....nothing is being skimped on the long arms...we already have the CAs built and they are beefy as hell...this is the only piece thats holding us back from completing it.

Zack

Don't have it, nearest to it is some heavy wall 2.5" ID. Sorry.

I wish I would have known before I moved. I had that exact piece on my old front control arms. Well I still have it but I am sure you can find it closer. Swing by a welding shop or the scrap yard. I am sure you can find what you need. Or just go ahead and order some poly bushings with the sleeves and ditch the rubber ones.

Back