1st Gen CTD 4 door Project w/ Pics

i'm trying to bring joel on as my personal salesman, but we're still in negotiations.:lol:

ya ya ya...

Well today and tomorrow are the only days I have had planned to work on the dodge so I am right on MY schedule :)

I got all electrical, hoses, connections off truck today except a few things.
So tomorrow I will be taking out radiator, intercooler, a/c condensor.
(they are all disconnected already)
I would have had it all out today but I can not find a tool I need. so I gotta go for a drive and borrow one..

pss.. here I come John :)

100_3123.jpg

100_3124.jpg

if you mean the RAM on the Hood.. I only have 1
if you mean trucks I have 3 :)

Give it time, the collection only grows :flipoff2:

Duane (currently up to 6, I think......)

if you mean the RAM on the Hood.. I only have 1
if you mean trucks I have 3 :)

Ha. yeah, trucks. Have you got a friend with a frontend loader of some sort? If you're working on gravel, forget about using a hoist. (and think about throwing a piece of plywood under the truck, laying in gravel sucks).

That, or rig up a gin pole on the front of your heep.

Is it ready to come out ?

the engine will be ready to come out tomorrow..

but the plan to actually make the swap will be either next weekend or the one after that.

I am also looking into rebuilding teanny while it is out, and putting in a new clutch, along with some new motor mounts, and transmission mounts.

so it will not be driveable for a few weeks while i get the tranny stuff done.

Ha. yeah, trucks. Have you got a friend with a frontend loader of some sort? If you're working on gravel, forget about using a hoist. (and think about throwing a piece of plywood under the truck, laying in gravel sucks).
That, or rig up a gin pole on the front of your heep.

yup I am on gravel.. the hoist does not need to move.. the trucks will move..

lift engine pull truck out.. roll other truck in drop in engine :)

Well I got a bunch done this morning :)

I got the rest of front clipoff
then I decided to see if I could get the engine out by myself..
well hey I guess when you are motivated youcan get a lot done by yourself

100_3149.jpg

100_3150.jpg

100_3151.jpg

100_3152.jpg

100_3148.jpg

looks good... how similar are the 2 different trucks' frames? are the mounts a bolt in deal and are you using stock ones, or are you burning is something custom?

too bad ya cant throw in a 6spd while its out...

Looks good
I hope to be doing a CTD swap to a RamCharger some time in the next year.
of course first I need the RamCharger and a donor truck, time and money but those are minor things

looks good... how similar are the 2 different trucks' frames? are the mounts a bolt in deal and are you using stock ones, or are you burning is something custom?
too bad ya cant throw in a 6spd while its out...

yup the frame are exaclty the same.. the engine just drops right in.. they even use the same exact motor mounts

Back