1st Black Coyote

obxbronco

Shot my 1st black coyote yesterday. Was deer hunting waiting on a nice buck. But this thing came out instead, and I never pass up a chance to shoot one.
d652d5d8c54b408ea9032a43c52fa5bf.jpg
6155fc3e93f76ca4072ac76e7ae31328.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

You killed someone’s dog you heathen.
Not going to lie, when I first saw it I thought it was a German Shepard lol

I'd have to consider getting that pelt save or the whole thing mounted. I would have shot too, but that thing is beautiful.

Awesome! I’m jealous! Friend of mine in PA that competition hunts them has a bunch of awesome pelts hanging around inside his house. I love the dark ones.

I'd have to consider getting that pelt save or the whole thing mounted. I would have shot too, but that thing is beautiful.
I'm having a full mount done

Old roommate works for the USDA doing Rabies and Predator studies. He said from the testing they have done dna testing and most of the black coyotes have dog genetics.

seen this on nc deer hunting. Nice kill man

They call em coy dogs around home
from what he told he if a female dog mates with a coyote you get coy dogs. if a make dog mates with a female coyote they end up black, but more coyote like then dog. that looks like a 2-3 generation mixed coyote. he said by the time they are at the 5-6 generation after mating with a dog they look like a regular coyote.
But that is just what he is telling me i dont have anything to prove what he is saying, he just does the research so i say ok.

Buddy had a coy dog, she was always weird around people, looked like a black lab but had coyote eyes and her hair was a lot thicker and coarse then a regular lab.

from what he told he if a female dog mates with a coyote you get coy dogs. if a make dog mates with a female coyote they end up black, but more coyote like then dog. that looks like a 2-3 generation mixed coyote. he said by the time they are at the 5-6 generation after mating with a dog they look like a regular coyote.
But that is just what he is telling me i dont have anything to prove what he is saying, he just does the research so i say ok.

Buddy had a coy dog, she was always weird around people, looked like a black lab but had coyote eyes and her hair was a lot thicker and coarse then a regular lab.
You know a little too much about their friggin habits there Logan.

that's pretty cool. hope to get 1 one day. I've seen people around here shoot them, but I have not got 1. saw 1 on my land last year that was really blonde. would love to shoot it. :beer:

Keep thinning em out. got this one black friday

20171124_101507.jpg

Back