1998 TJ on Super Duty axles

looks great as a statue, but time to get it running!
5a00f14395b3763dd50f69e9b806b2fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Only thing left is driveshafts and brakes
32314bc99b706df8cfbbe3031a2e12f3.jpg
5b26d4577de2b4246b0a8238efc8ea78.jpg
1e844989279a26518a30f70721cc6a36.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

so do you get full lock with only the offset heims? Also do you know what offset the wheels are on the krawlers? what about the ones you used with the iroks?

so do you get full lock with only the offset heims? Also do you know what offset the wheels are on the krawlers? what about the ones you used with the iroks?
I get full stroke on the ram, but it still rubs on the LCAs causing the passenger side to loosen the jam nuts from time to time. I dont know the exact backspacing on the wheels, but I believe they are 4in backspacing. The width makes it a little difficult with loading on a trailer. So on my trailer I made "custom" drive over fenders with 4x6s and 2x12s temporarily until I get around to fabing up some metal drive over fenders.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I get full stroke on the ram, but it still rubs on the LCAs causing the passenger side to loosen the jam nuts from time to time. I dont know the exact backspacing on the wheels, but I believe they are 4in backspacing. The width makes it a little difficult with loading on a trailer. So on my trailer I made "custom" drive over fenders with 4x6s and 2x12s temporarily until I get around to fabing up some metal drive over fenders.

ok trying to avoind dropping all the coin on an artec steering kit, etc if i can just use offset heims.

Old cage out, new cage almost installed! I will get a picture of the new cage tomorrow when I am off of work. The bolt holes for the A pillars are not quiet lined up, and the doors are a little hard to shut currently. The removable door seal is contacting the top frame of the door, hopefully I can correct the issue with adjusting the top hinge.
cf03d1b6e97b7c42bd1a36bf8e59ed73.jpg

Figured I would make another update post. Over the past year I had my first break. I broke the u joint on the drive side axle shaft. When this happened I also unfortunately found out that the upper ball joints snap ring came out the hard way. It pulled the upper ball joint out of the knuckle and broke the lower ball joint out of the socket. Since then I have upgraded to 4340 chromoly shafts with billet 1550 joints from ECGS and ball joint eliminators from Nick Barna. Since then I have wheeled it pretty hard at Morris Mountain and AOP without any real issues. I have also put in an actual fuel cell instead of the stock gas tank ratchet strapped in the back. Next trip is to Harlan later this month!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1598975105326.jpg
    FB_IMG_1598975105326.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 20200906_203851.jpg
    20200906_203851.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Snapchat-1090314579.jpg
    Snapchat-1090314579.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 193
Also, wanted to add that the fuel cell mount I used for my RCI 2161a was from barnes because of the motobilt one was going to take a week longer to arrive and the artec fuel cell mount appeared to have been discontinued. Unfortunately me being impatient came back to bite me. The straps for the barnes mount were 9.5in wide and 12.25 in tall even though the fuel cell is 9in wide and 12in tall. This caused a ton of slop and would not hold it securely at all. I tried emailing them, but was told that the strap design hasn't changed in 5 years and it was my tank that was the issue. This rubbed me the wrong way since I measured the tank and it was within a tenth of an inch from being exactly what it was advertised to be.
I decided to sacrifice the rubber mat from my tool box to pad the fuel cell on any side that contacts the bracket and tripled it up as needed to have it securely hold on to the tank. I have heard and have seen fuel cells leak at the seams from the welds cracking. Not sure it its due to fuel sloshing or not being mounted securely and it flexing. Hopefully mine will last a couple years.

Back