1991 SAS Toyota truck

Papa_Jon

non speller
From what i can gather from numbers on leaf springs it has 4 procomp leafs.. They are super hard !
Looking to go up 2 more inches to clear 35s with flex . What shackles do I need ? Maybe im over thinking it but 1000 different choices..
Also PO ziptied the rear brake portioning valve to bed . What is correct way to do away with it ?

Attachments

• 20200609_171213.jpg
    20200609_171213.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 177
Cut off the arm for the LSPP and zip tie it. Otherwise you get into lots of plumbing. I’ve replumbed it both with and without a proportioning valve and really you need all the brakes you can get with bigger tires. Never had an issue with the rear locking up first.

Cut off the arm for the LSPP and zip tie it. Otherwise you get into lots of plumbing. I’ve replumbed it both with and without a proportioning valve and really you need all the brakes you can get with bigger tires. Never had an issue with the rear locking up first.
10/4 h left everything on it but zip tied to the bed. what shackles do you use with a sas truck.?

Those pro comp springs are garbage. Trust me, I had to sell that stuff for over 10 years.

More lift doesn't always mean more flex. You can make 35s fit and flex very well with stock Toyota rear springs in the front.

For the rear, a lot of people will tell you to go 63" Chevies, but I have seen the (56"?) ford springs work great and they are not as much as a rock hanger.

rear up front FAQ

Those pro comp springs are garbage. Trust me, I had to sell that stuff for over 10 years.

More lift doesn't always mean more flex. You can make 35s fit and flex very well with stock Toyota rear springs in the front.

For the rear, a lot of people will tell you to go 63" Chevies, but I have seen the (56"?) ford springs work great and they are not as much as a rock hanger.

rear up front FAQ
so is it same for SAS truck as a stock solid axle truck ?

If the springs are too stiff and cause it to ride like shit, then remove the third leaf from the spring packs. It will make a big difference.

If the springs are too stiff and cause it to ride like shit, then remove the third leaf from the spring packs. It will make a big difference.
this is what I did w/ my pro comp rear springs. Difference was night and day.

so is it same for SAS truck as a stock solid axle truck ?
It all depends on where they added the mounts when they did the SAS, and what springs it was done for. If it has lift springs on it now, then they may not be the same. The rear springs are farther eye-eye that front ones.
Your best bet is to take some measurements of the frame mounts eye-eye and compare to what's posted on the various SAs instruction sites.

Its hard to tell in that pic, the front hangars look like they are farther back than normal. I suspect they put them in teh same location as a stock truck and not where you'd want for RUFs.

Back