1981 Chevy LUV build

BigNorm

Sup fellas? I didn't see a new guy board so I thought I'd introduce myself here. I've been wheeling off and on my entire life. My current build consists of putting a 2000 WJ drive train into a Chevy LUV. WHY? Because I have one LUV and 2 soon to be 3 WJs. Working under a unibody is rough so I prefer to strip down to the frame and build up. So far I have th e axle under the truck loosely and am preparing pulling the motor, trans, transfer case to swap them over and get them set in so I can set ride height. I am no pro so try and be nice.
I found your site by looking up turbo charged propane motors. I liked the questions and comments so viola! Here I am. It's been around 20 years since I've been on a board. So thanks for welcoming me aboard.

Attachments

• 20240219_160103.jpg
    20240219_160103.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20240219_162103.jpg
    20240219_162103.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 88
In to see where this goes..... Which WJ drive train?

In to see where this goes..... Which WJ drive train?
It's the 4.0 and auto transmission. I'm looking into propane but it's hard when I have everything set up already for fuel injection. I'm an analog guy so I like stuff that can be fixed on the trail. I have to mail my computer to Florida to get it reflashed so it will run without the stupid security system. It would be smart to send 2 so I would have a spare.

Love these old luvs. Always wanted one!

Back