1500 tow pig?

:fuck-you: rocket scientist! Maybe you can ride down to NC and give us all a lesson in how northeners do. Next time you want to slam somebody with your little keyboard. DON'T!
:popcorn:

agreed, and get it tagged, just a little extra cash and time for that. if your going to be towing and you want to do it safe and legit, you cant just say you need trailer brakes. lights are just as important as well. if the person behind you doesnt no your stopping do to bad lights well you get the idea.

In NC SUV's fall under the car catagory and you do not have to have weighted tags. You can tow as much as you want (with in reason) with a regular tag if you have an SUV. So legally he is fine.

I mean, I don't NEED to haul it when I go wheeling, but it would be nice to have the option, just in case something happens that one time, ya know? when I take it to URE I drive it there from Fayetteville (or Rockwell, whichever I happen to be in), wheel it, and drive it back. it's incredibly dependable. it's made many trips back and forth from Fayetteville to Rockwell, and I wouldn't hesitate to get in it and drive it to the beach, or wherever. I just feel more comfy towing it on the longer trips in case something happens. I don't wanna be a long way from home with no way to get myself or my junk back.

:fuck-you: rocket scientist! Maybe you can ride down to NC and give us all a lesson in how northeners do. Next time you want to slam somebody with your little keyboard. DON'T!

1: My keyboard is huge.. numberpad, volume buttons, and everything.

2: From what I saw last weekend when we came back down to NC, there's quite a few NC residents who could use a lesson on inclement weather driving.

BRUISER said:
I love how some people spew shit from there mouth without any knowledge of who or what they are talking about..

Ain't it great? After a whopping.. 4 months on the board, no less. :)

Rich!
YOU, Of all people! This is all you are gonna say? It's after Christmas now, Go ahead, tell it like it is! Open up, be the man I know you are!
The Rich I know would give links, and stats as to how a load will react under a panic stop(attempt) Distance to get load stopped, heat temps of half-ton brakes coming down 321, 421, or 181. The Rich I know would have pointed out all of the "asshattedness" and ignorance.
Please Rich, for those of us who know you, don't hold back! We expect more!

Rich!
YOU, Of all people! This is all you are gonna say? It's after Christmas now, Go ahead, tell it like it is! Open up, be the man I know you are!
The Rich I know would give links, and stats as to how a load will react under a panic stop(attempt) Distance to get load stopped, heat temps of half-ton brakes coming down 321, 421, or 181. The Rich I know would have pointed out all of the "asshattedness" and ignorance.

+1
I've been out of town since before Christmas just getting caught up, was prepared to chime in with a +1 when I saw your first post, then read along at the 1st snide comment....when I got to the yankee post, I got up went an fixed a drink and popped some popcorn....now I get to the end and it was kinda like a hand job from a hot babe on the 3rd date....acceptable but I just expected more.

BTW Since the "truck wars" started in the early to mid 00s I would feel more comfortable than ever towing a reasonable rig behind a modern 1500/half ton.

Seriously a new F150 or Chevy/GM1500 is probably as equipped or better than a mid 80s 1 ton, and actually has better brakes in most cases. That said, I would want to tow w a new dually without electric brakes.

The burban is aided over a regular k1500 because of the added weight, but as said it has puny ddrums in the rear and barely adequate discs up front (for comparison a '00 tahoe has bigger rear discs than the front on the '95)

Rich!

You crack me up man..

The OP wasn't the one promoting towing without brakes, so I saw no need to go off.. And frankly, I don't get down to NC very much anymore, so the chances of him crashing into me or my wife are slim to none! :lol:

But here, read this one about the joys of towing without trailer brakes.. :) http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13036&highlight=hitch Only the first page actually deals with the issue.. the rest is just us giving him a hard time.

Back