14 Bolt Truss

R Q

I bought a Ruffstuff full truss for my upgrade. It's more than I want, it's pretty big and bulky. I'm not going to use it. I like the Ballistic truss that is more sleek and leaves me room for my coilover mounts. BUT I'm open to suggestions for a good off the shelf truss that's bigger than a compact 14B truss but isn't massive. Plus now I have a Ruffstuff truss and tie in and diff cover to peddle if anyone is interested in a good deal!

I run this one and was happy with it. Just enough for some upper links and ties in the pinion.

Attachments

• IMG_5462.png
    IMG_5462.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 50
When I had my Jeep linked, I had to change out my 14 bolt to another one. Since both the left and right tubes were bent. So when I got a truss I wanted full width (not really full, had enough room on each end that wasn't covered by the truss, for my coil over tabs, I think it's from Barns. I have no complaints with it. Just high enough over the top of the diff housing, and a good flat place for the upper link mounts.

I have an Artec Apex 14 bolt truss for sale. It’s listed here. Price is negotiable. The only reason I’m not using it is I went with a Sterling to match my SD60 instead. I’m using the same truss on the Sterling.
IMG_1324.png

Last edited:
This is the Barnes truss that comes in the TJ kit. I trimmed it a good bit to get it to sit lower on the chunk but it went on pretty smoothly. Not too huge.
IMG_6006.jpeg
IMG_6105.jpeg

This is the Barnes truss that comes in the TJ kit. I trimmed it a good bit to get it to sit lower on the chunk but it went on pretty smoothly. Not too huge. View attachment 405661View attachment 405662
How much are those perches offset? That’s my plan for whenever I finally get to start on my LJ. I was hoping to offset mine 3-4”. I’d love to see more pictures of your LJ. It looks like ours will be very similar if I can get mine done. I drug my axles in the shop and started tearing them down this weekend.

How much are those perches offset? That’s my plan for whenever I finally get to start on my LJ. I was hoping to offset mine 3-4”. I’d love to see more pictures of your LJ. It looks like ours will be very similar if I can get mine done. I drug my axles in the shop and started tearing them down this weekend.
I don’t remember offhand how much offset I ended up with. They’re TNT spring perches. I’ve got the “factory replacement” frame side perches from Barnes up top. I think they’re flipped side-to-side from how they’re intended to be and pushed back a bit. I’m around 7” of stretch in the rear. At some point I need to sit down and go through the pics I took so far and make a build thread.
IMG_6599.jpeg
IMG_5859.jpeg
IMG_5855.jpeg
IMG_5743.jpeg

Thanks for the info, it’s looking good! I have a set of RockKrawler perches that offset the springs like 6”, but I’m not sure I’ll go that far. I like the trick with the threaded rod for centering the perches. That’s a good idea.

Back