14 bolt question

iwaxmyjimmy

College Web Wheeler
Okay so I think I got one of those split year 88/89 housings when I picked up a set a tons a few years ago. It’s got ribs, metric cover bolts, but you press the studs through the drums to the hubs. I’m assuming 89-98 but the drums throw me off but they were under a k30 not a k25000/k3500 of the same model year. So assuming 89-98 install kit, but I wanted to double check. I know it’s just the inner pinion bearing and cup being different according to Bill vista, and I haven’t taken the pinion out to confirm yet. But I was about to score some deals and get some gears ordered for my JK ton swap. Didn’t know if anyone ran into this before and can drop a knowledge bomb.

The continued to make the old style brakes until 2000, but after 87 they came with ribs on the housing. BTW - I sell brakes, lol.

Okay cool, thanks for that clarification of me overlooking something, lol. As far as brakes, I’ve got your brackets on my k5’s 60 front and on the 14 bolt halfway under the back of my JK. You make great products.

Back