14 Bolt Build

R Q

Looks like I'll be building a 14 bolt soon to replace my rear axle. I've read the 14 Bolt Bible printed in 2003. I need the 67.5" WMS to WMS that can be obtained from the SRW diff or could go with the 63" version and use some spacers if needed. I also plan to shave it for clearance and add 5.38 gears. Probably will just weld the carrier for locker and will add a disk brake kit. It will be installed in my Jeepster that I already have linked in the rear.
I'm looking for the best ideas to do this easy and affordably. I don't have one yet but know where I can go get one from a selection of trucks so wanting to make sure I pick the right one. From what I understand the carrier break is at 4.10/4.56, is that correct?
Shoot me your insights or deals with your 14 bolt experience.
Thanks

If 68.25" WMS will work, then get an AAM 10.5 from an 01-10 2500HD 6.0 truck. 4.10s, factory disc brakes, and a parking brake. Otherwise, the same as an old school 14 bolt. What's the front axle going to be?

Front is a Chevy 60 I have in my shop. I think the 68'25 will be a little wide but I'll measure it up and see. I'm at 66'' now with an old SF 60 in rear

A Chevy 60 should be 69" IIRC.

Back