12V sluggish after new lift pump

hairy bean bag

ok fellas i need a little help here
I just replaced the lift pump on my 94 12V and let me tell ya that was a pain in the ass.but to the question.i bleed as much air out of it as possible and now on take off it is very sluggish up to about 1200 rpms and then the turbo spools up and it takes off.also it does not like to start at all.i have to lay into the throttle to get it to fire and it rools out smoke like crazzy once it does.i am starting to think i have one or more injectors going bad.at idle it runs some what ruff and like i said on take off it is very sluggish.
if i have to replace the injector(s) is it worth upgradeing and if so to what size.

thanks chris

white smoke once it starts? Sounds mostly like your timing slipped. If ya thought the LP was a PITA...

The injection system will self-purge of air on its own, so that's no big deal... are you sure the new LP is good? Might wanna check your fuel pressure at the filter head.

My rough idle was partly caused by 245,000 mile injectors, and partly from a couple of broken springs in the delivery valves, but that's very rare for those to break.

If you find yourself injector shopping, the OEM 215hp injectors from a '96-'98 5-speed will give you a nice kick, without the issues you'd get with 370's and your "little pump".

Back