100 pushups a day in May Challenge

RE: doorway pullup bars - I had one that was this design and while they will hold my 275 lb ass doing sets, over time they will begin to leave an indention in the casing. If you don't want to mount a bar to an overhead beam or into the wall studs, you can man all the way up and get a real squat rack/cage with a pullup bar, add a bench, a barbell and ~500lb in 45s, 25's, 10's, and 5's and you'll have all your bases covered. If you have a tall enough ceiling in your garage to mount gymnastics rings from adjustable straps, I'd do that, as you can use a more natural range of motion.

After a late day at work, I did not want to do pushups tonight, but this thread made me.
Day 21 done, 24x4.
I'm gonna need 4 more mister. :p

Still going strong, finished last night with the usual 40x2 in the morning, 30x2 in the evening. Started off the day with 1x50 then 1x40. I'll see if I can do at least 2x30 this evening. Progress is good! Thanks @VortecJeep for starting this challenge! :beer:

RE: doorway pullup bars - I had one that was this design and while they will hold my 275 lb ass doing sets, over time they will begin to leave an indention in the casing. If you don't want to mount a bar to an overhead beam or into the wall studs, you can man all the way up and get a real squat rack/cage with a pullup bar, add a bench, a barbell and ~500lb in 45s, 25's, 10's, and 5's and you'll have all your bases covered. If you have a tall enough ceiling in your garage to mount gymnastics rings from adjustable straps, I'd do that, as you can use a more natural range of motion.

I'm tipping the scales at 160, so I'd hope I wouldn't ding up the wall with a doorway pullup bar...but the overall concept of one still sort of gives me the creeps. I see those internet videos in my head of people biffing it when it lets go. :lol: I'd love to get an entire squat rack with bench and weights, but my garage is full of a pile of scrap that loosely resembles a CJ and another random pile of parts...the basement is too full of other shat right now for that, too. But I'm hoping to get the basement squared away enough to move the elliptical there and possibly obtain some sort of other gym-type equipment.

I’m back in the game strong now boys! I had a head start on everyone. I started around early to mid April with the push ups. Tonight’s workout was a 2 mile very slow run, 50 pull ups, 100 push ups. I felt good doing it. The push ups for a month definitely broke the ice for me and got me off of my ass. I’m still not in my old military shape, doubt I’ll ever be again, but I’m glad to be active again. Keep pounding!

I’m back in the game strong now boys! I had a head start on everyone. I started around early to mid April with the push ups. Tonight’s workout was a 2 mile very slow run, 50 pull ups, 100 push ups. I felt good doing it. The push ups for a month definitely broke the ice for me and got me off of my ass. I’m still not in my old military shape, doubt I’ll ever be again, but I’m glad to be active again. Keep pounding!
#beastmode!
That is awesome!

I finished Day 22 tonight.

Back