100 pushups a day in May Challenge

Here's a suggestion for a June Abs challenge. What do ya'll think? Want to try it?
The F3 Region I'm in issued this challenge last night. It shouldn't be too bad as it starts off low and gradually builds thru the month. Plus you get rest days!
F3 has crazy names for every exercise, so below I have put the description for each exercise from the F3Nation website.

The Boat: The Boat position would be while on six with legs pulled up to chest and arms beside body. Canoe is when legs and back are straightened while keeping both off the ground. Q calls out Boat or Canoe.
Mason Twist: While on six in partial sit up position with heals just off the ground, twist at the waist so that both hands held together almost touch the ground beside your waist, alternating in cadence from side to side. Often times done with bricks in hand.
Low Flutters: Ab exercise done laying on your back. Legs off the ground, alternate kicking legs as if you're swimming.
Mountain Climbers: Done from push-up position, run in place.
WWII: Sit-up where your starting position is with knees bent and arms extended above your head on the ground.
Freddy Mercury: Aka the bicycle sit-up. Alternate extending legs and arms in a bicycling motion during the sit-up.

View attachment 294511

I like it!

Here's a suggestion for a June Abs challenge. What do ya'll think? Want to try it?
The F3 Region I'm in issued this challenge last night. It shouldn't be too bad as it starts off low and gradually builds thru the month. Plus you get rest days!

My core could definitely use it.

I copied the wrong info for The Boat. I went and updated that post. Here it is:

Boat exercise: Lay on your back with feet about 6″ off the ground with shoulders and head also off the ground and arms and hands extended in line with your ears like you are signaling a touchdown.

Didn't post yesterday, but still got mine. Started the morning off with 1x50, then decided to go to near-failure for another set and cranked out 70. Sooo...how'd you other mudder thumpers feel passing that 3k pushup mark for the month? I know it felt damn good for me. I haven't pushed like this in nearly two decades, since I was but a young boot with my Drill Instructor making me push for my life with that gawd damned campaign cover pecking me on the head.

Progress report: I've noticed some increased definition/girth around the shoulders and arms while doing a gun show in the mirror (I still don't pose for the wife...she'd just laugh and roll her eyes anyway). The scale confirms, as I've added 3-3.5 lbs this month. And it's not because I'm getting old and fat. :lol: I can still walk out of my jeans/slacks if I don't have a belt on. :lol: Thanks, @VortecJeep !

Also...thanks for beating me to it with a June challenge...mine wasn't going to be anywhere near that involved, although the core group was exactly what I was going to target. :huggy: Count me in!

Still kept up everyday on vacation but one. Made that one up today.

All 31 accounted for now.

I plan to keep this one going and add the ab challenge.

Back