1/2 ton tires

RoundLights

I have a 97 chevy extra cab 2wd and was looking for some input on which tires to get. I'm torn between Michelin LTX and Brigeston dueller REVO.I am leaning towards the revo because I tow a trailer in the dirt every week and they look like they will be better there.
Anyone have any experience with either one?

My next question is what load range should I get? I load my truck up every weekend with an atv in the bed and 2 on a trailer, plus gear and 4 people in the truck for highway road trips. Granted this isn't a lot of weight to you guys but I don't know which tires to get. The ATV's are big utilities which weigh around #700 each.

Thanks,
Keith

Well I purchased the REVO's and love them. Compared to the old tiger paws the truck feels like it has a new tighter suspension. Road characteristics are excellent.

Ive got the Revo2s. They are not bad, good offroad traction for a allterrain street tire. Ride smooth and quiet. Get the load range D.

Just from my limited reading on the Diesel boards, they all seem to love the REVO... they are running load range E... just a fyi. My buddy has a 3/4 ton and just put a set on and LOVES THEM.

(I am torn between them and BFG A/Ts myself in a range D)

Sam

Both are great tires and last a long time. D class tires would be enough for no more weight than you are hauling. All the diesel guys run E's is because most are pulling a heavy load(9,000lbs or more) and D's dont last very long on something loaded that heavy.

Back