07 4 door Wrangler question

jeepercreature

Hey,
What do you guys think about paying sticker price on the new 07 unlimited 4 door jeep.

I was told by the dealer (and they are not giving) that most dealers are selling them for more than sticker? That does not make since to me. I went a long with it until the morning when we go finish paper work etc. I am getting the Jeep reguardless I just wanted to know what you guys think.

Dont just post if you dont know if this is common or not. I know it sounds like crap but it is common.

I will post pictures of mine next

Dealers run a business. Get as much for any given vehicle from that particualr person. If they are drawing up paper work its past the negotiating point.. Not saying you can't back things up... but the sales man saw you wanted it.. Plus if they are just coming out they won't lift much.. Go in the last few days of the month and they might deal some..

But on many hard to get or in demand vehicle yes.. Almost any of the diesel car, vipers, vettes some even have multi year waiting lists..

With ALL the dealers in the state/region etc, I'm sure you could find at least one selling for msrp. Tell your dealer where, and let them know you'll get up and go there instead of buying their Jeep. I absolutely HATED dealing with this when trying to purchase a harley, but with a few dealers selling at msrp, the local one came down quick from their 2k markup.

I worked in cars sales a couple years back, but hated the games played and quit. I'm too honest and upfront to do it.

I remember when the PT cruiser first came out when I was in FL. They had the window sticker marked up $4000 for what they called "market value adjustment" I told them it would be a cold day in hell before I would pay sticker, let alone a mark up! :shaking: Wait a year and they will be back to normal or even better yet, buy a used one after someone figures out that is just not what they wanted.

Steve

Actually if you read it says I am paying sticker not marked up. I am paying exactly sticker $29,440. The Jeep is bad ass, dana 44 rearend, disk brakes, two tops, awesome sound system, sirus satalite. It is the sahara edition tooI will post some pictures right now in the photo area. I dont like the color all that much but I do like it enough to buy it. :bounce2:

I remember when the PT cruiser first came out when I was in FL. They had the window sticker marked up $4000 for what they called "market value adjustment" I told them it would be a cold day in hell before I would pay sticker, let alone a mark up! :shaking: Wait a year and they will be back to normal or even better yet, buy a used one after someone figures out that is just not what they wanted.
Steve

Na, I want one now. We have kept this 2000 4runner for the purpose of trading it in. I had it detailed with 102,000 miles on it and they gave us 100 above retail trade in. A good deal on that.

It's a new model and they are just showing up on dealer lots. Demand exceeds supply right now. If you don't like paying sticker wait it out for a bit. I personally would wait a year or two. I am not terribly keen on purchasing the first year or two of a new model. That being said I do like the looks of the new Wrangler. It's your money do what you want with it.

I would NEVER buy the first year of a new model.

That is very much commonplace with dealers. Like somebody said "supply and demand".

Does anybody remember when they intoduced the Miata? People were paying over 50 grand to get one ASAP.

Miata's used to have a market value adjustment. Dealers are selling options to buy Shelby Cobras on eBay. The largest adjustment to market value I ever saw was at Leith, a Buick GNX. It's sticker was 38k and adjusted to market value 17k.

Back