05+ d60 ball joints

offroadin 88xj

I'm doing high steer arms on my 05+ d60 and figured while there out I would replace the ball joints and was wondering if there are any upgraded ball joints or just go with the parts store

I have always liked spicer ball joints. I don't see why they aren't up to the task other than you are doing a trail only rig. For extreme application there are a few vendors who sell a ball joint eliminator kit.

I used MevoTechs off of Rock Auto. So far so good. 200-ish bucks for a full set.

I just couldn't go back with factory ones with no grease fitting. It didn't give me warm fuzzies.

I have one brand new Motorcraft one. They are $25 on eBay. I thought I was ordering the trackbar ball joint, and got the wrong thing. It's yours for the price of shipping ($10ish I'd guess).

Are you talking about the terrain tough ones on rock auto and yeah it's a trail rig

I think so....they have green grease boots. That's what I remember for sure.

Do these need to be replaced when you do an artec/JHF weld on kit. The last ones i did we on a kingpin knuckle so no big deal. will pre/post heat and welding kill the Balljoints?

Do these need to be replaced when you do an artec/JHF weld on kit. The last ones i did we on a kingpin knuckle so no big deal. will pre/post heat and welding kill the Balljoints?

Yes, you'll melt the insides in a matter of seconds after you start welding.

Back