02 f250 tow pig running issue...

cj5 buggy

Well the old 02 furd tow pig is giving me issues. this is my story and i'm sticking to it. yes i have horrible speeling and grammer i graduated from hs in florida and i'm a former Marine, deal with it. :flipoff2:
not that this matters, but i changed the oil, oil filter and fuel filter about month ago. all has been fine since. I got diesel today then i drove about 10 miles to chinese place, then off to the house which is 3 miles. about the 2 mile mark the truck started to shake and rattle a little and then it cut off. i coasted to a stop. after about an hour (had to eat my dinner) my nieghbor and i got the truck to the yard, i went to the vatozone and got a CPS. i pulled the old CPS out and it was different then the first one. just thought that is was a china special. put the new CPS in and it at least started, but ran horrible.
so this am i went the the stealership and got a OEM replacement. at least this one looked like the old one. i replaced the CPS and the truck still runs like poop.
i do have a chip which can read codes, which it is throwing none. i have reset the computer back to stock and i've unplugged the batteries for a few and reset the computer again. to no avail it still runs like poop. i also called the place i got diesel and spoke with the manager and no one has called in and complained about their diesel trucks runnning like poop after they got diesel on pump 11.
got any advice before i call the stealership and spend my buggy monies?
pics for your enjoyment. neighbor and i tuggin the truck home with cat's yj.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v92_fdrose_truck_IMAG0005.jpg

the different CPS i mentioned.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v92_fdrose_truck_IMAG0009.jpg

how my truck runs. well how is runs for 3-10 seconds and dies. yes it looks like a pic, but it is a movie.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v92_fdrose_truck_th_VIDEO0002.jpg
oh yeah pic of said buggy.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v92_fdrose_buggy_20build_pic.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v92_fdrose_buggy_20build_pi1.jpg

I'd start by removing the aftermarket boxes, just to eliminate that as an issue.

P.S. Being a Florida HS grad and former Military doesn't mean you automatically have bad grammar - I'm both of those as well. It just means you're lazy. :flipoff2:

Try the ICP sensor, pull the connector on it and check for oil in the connector, and if there is oil, the sensor is bad. This happened to mine not too long ago. If it is not the ICP, could be the IPR or high pressure oil problems. You really need to hook it up to a scanner (like autoenginuity) to find out what is going on. You need software that can display the ford trouble codes, not just obd codes. Autoenginuity will tell you what the oil pressure is (must be 500 psi to start) and the duty cycle on the IPR vavle. Or you could get Ford too hook up to it.

Also, buy your sensors from INTERNATIONAL! There is one here in Charlotte and it is a lot cheaper than the stealership.

Will the truck crank and run at all? A bad ICP will not always throw a code. Find out if it is running on just 4 cylinders, then it could be a UVCH issue. Let me know if you have any more details or need any more of an explanation.

Just watched your movie, sounds like it could be the ICP or UVCH. I would start there after you check the easy stuff like fuel quality/pressure. Go to thedieselstop.com and they have lots of info on how to troubleshoot and check the UVCH.

And by no means are these the only reason that could cause this, just some of the more common (though not all that common) things.

i would try the icp just replaced mine due to oil leak but if it had went much longer it would of had a run issue.. the hot ass oil just melts the wire insulation... parts at cost were 200 bucks

I'd start by removing the aftermarket boxes, just to eliminate that as an issue.

P.S. Being a Florida HS grad and former Military doesn't mean you automatically have bad grammar - I'm both of those as well. It just means you're lazy. :flipoff2:

shhhh don't tell everyone. :flipoff2:

it ended up being the fuel pump.

thanks folks... i still think it is time for me to do a little maintenance/upgrade some parts.

:beer:

Back