02 7.3 question

justjeepin86

I've wanted a cheap truck for a little while and came across something. A friend has a company f250 7.3 4x4 extended cab they have for sale. Runs good, but when traveling, something heats up and it will shut down. The coolant temp doesn't get hot. He says this happens after a couple hours of highway driving. Once it sits for a bit, it will fire up and go. Any ideas what would cause this? 215k miles

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Cam position sensor would be an easy first place to start.

If you get a new CPS make sure you only buy OEM. They’re about $25 at the dealer I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get a new CPS make sure you only buy OEM. They’re about $25 at the dealer I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This, also pretty sure there's 3 versions. Black, Grey, and blue. Fairly certain I used the blue one on mine after it randomly died on the hwy.

Went to look at it and it needs more than I'm willing to deal with, even for a 6k 7.3 4x4 ext cab. Moving on.
Call a dealer and give them the VIN , they will be able to tell you if the cps was replaced with the updated version , pretty sure the FSB doesnt expire , for instance on my e99 they told me a fuel tank strap needed to be updated

Call a dealer and give them the VIN , they will be able to tell you if the cps was replaced with the updated version , pretty sure the FSB doesnt expire , for instance on my e99 they told me a fuel tank strap needed to be updated

That only works of it was taken in. If Joe changed it at his house then no one knows.

Back