heading for Windrock

GotWood

Sayer of Fact
I'm planning on leaving Thursday evening for Windrock, about 3.5 hrs driving. I'll have the camper and Jeep with me. So I've got several questions since I've never been. The first is about camping. I don't need hookups and technically i guess I could just stay in the parking lot, but I'd like to have a place that's kinda secluded so i can have a fire. Also access to a shower would be a major plus since the camper shower is limited to say the least. Thursday night i plan on just camping in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart or something in town.

I'll be riding Friday and Saturday, more trail riding than anything hard core.

I'm planning on leaving Thursday evening for Windrock, about 3.5 hrs driving. I'll have the camper and Jeep with me. So I've got several questions since I've never been. The first is about camping. I don't need hookups and technically i guess I could just stay in the parking lot, but I'd like to have a place that's kinda secluded so i can have a fire. Also access to a shower would be a major plus since the camper shower is limited to say the least. Thursday night i plan on just camping in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart or something in town.

I'll be riding Friday and Saturday, more trail riding than anything hard core.

There is two major camp grounds near windrock.

Windrock Gap Campground
Windrock Park Campground

Both are just a short drive from the General Store and you can get a map from them for $5
Make sure you leave with a full tank of gas everyday as you will be driving alot

There is two major camp grounds near windrock.

Windrock Gap Campground
Windrock Park Campground

Both are just a short drive from the General Store and you can get a map from them for $5
Make sure you leave with a full tank of gas everyday as you will be driving alot

Thanks for the info. Just made it back home about 3 weeks ago!

Back