Random pic thread.

My Aunt and Uncle needed a place to stay while he is working the oilfield. We got the camper all tuned up and I towed it out to Carlsbad, NM. Truck is 8100lbs Camper came across the scale at 15,965 lbs. 1,574 miles and never lost a tire. Averaged 10.1 MPG running 65-70mph. Stopped outside Dallas at bucees to see what the hype was about. Overall it was a good trip but damn it’s a long haul across I-20.
Oh, and fuck the stretch coming through Shreveport! Worst stretch of road I’ve ever been on.
View attachment 326287
Thats pretty dang good MPG considering the weight and wind profile.

My Aunt and Uncle needed a place to stay while he is working the oilfield. We got the camper all tuned up and I towed it out to Carlsbad, NM. Truck is 8100lbs Camper came across the scale at 15,965 lbs. 1,574 miles and never lost a tire. Averaged 10.1 MPG running 65-70mph. Stopped outside Dallas at bucees to see what the hype was about. Overall it was a good trip but damn it’s a long haul across I-20.
Oh, and fuck the stretch coming through Shreveport! Worst stretch of road I’ve ever been on.
View attachment 326287
My wife’s uncle works for a rigging company that specializes in wind farms, so they’re never in one place long and it’s always in BFE.
One of his coworkers got fed up not being with his family so about two years ago they sold everything and bought a brand new 3500 Cummins and a big ass fifth wheel camper and just started permanently living out of it. Wife and three kids, been doing online school ever since and they seemed to absolutely love it.

First meal with eggs from our chickens

20200920_092053.jpg

Last edited:
Thats pretty dang good MPG considering the weight and wind profile.
A.) I de-tuned the programmer to +30hp.
B.) I took it easy and didn’t push hills. Coasted down em and if I wasn’t screaming to the top of the next one oh well. Made up a lot of mileage in west Texas cause it is flat like a freshmen.

Also, No head gaskets were harmed in the making of this trip.

Well thats interesting:
upload_2020-9-21_9-5-3.png

9.5 Million Registered Voters in NC, according to Facebook...

upload_2020-9-21_9-1-38.png

10,488,084*0.781 (78.1% of legal voting age) = 8,191,194 documented adults living in NC. Even with a 10% margin of error, thats still off by half a million. And the reality is that not 100% of the adult population is registered either. Plus that 9.5 million Facebook figure is (presumably) just the ones that shared their registration status on Facebook. So I guess there's no need for voter ID after all, since it's easy enough to just register an extra 1.5 million people.

Well thats interesting:
View attachment 326390

View attachment 326389

10,488,084*0.781 (78.1% of legal voting age) = 8,191,194 documented adults living in NC. Even with a 10% margin of error, thats still off by half a million. And the reality is that not 100% of the adult population is registered either. Plus that 9.5 million Facebook figure is (presumably) just the ones that shared their registration status on Facebook. So I guess there's no need for voter ID after all, since it's easy enough to just register an extra 1.5 million people.

NCSBE says 7,134,786 registered as of 19 Sept. Sounds like the 9.481 number likely came from the 2010 census for total state population (pretty close to the 9.5).

Go ahead with Facebook-based conspiracy theories though. :lol:

Well thats interesting:
View attachment 326390

View attachment 326389

Maybe I'm missing something but it says 9.5 mil shared that they registered in the entire united states. Not North Carolina.
The only conspiracy here is that a college educated engineer can't read:flipoff2:

Last edited:

True story.

My went in to Chick-fil-A in Greenville one day for lunch. In the parking lot was a big dept of corrections box truck. Inside were several correctional officers. They were waiting for their orders nearby. One of them spoke, hey how ya doing, he replied good, how are you. Bla bla small talk etc.

My dad then asked, was that big van full of white out?

Half of the officers thought it was hilarious, the other half didn’t.

Maybe I'm missing something but it says 9.5 mil shared that they registered in the entire united states. Not North Carolina.
The only conspiracy here is that a college educated engineer can't read:flipoff2:
Touche.
However, I'll also go with "intentionally misleading" since I always ignore the lines who tell me who likes something.
upload_2020-9-21_14-0-58.png

Touche.
However, I'll also go with "intentionally misleading" since I always ignore the lines who tell me who likes something.
View attachment 326407
Your choice to ignore something dosn't mean you weren't told.

.... this is what my wife says to me all the time.

Back