Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

Still cheaper than a tank of diesel fuel, and diesel repairs...not to mention the price of a used diesel truck!

Oh yeah, I'm very pleased with it. Plus I kept up for the most part with the diesels in our group, just an adjustment on what speeds I can pull certain hills and getting used to revving this thing to 4k.

Oh yeah, I'm very pleased with it. Plus I kept up for the most part with the diesels in our group, just an adjustment on what speeds I can pull certain hills and getting used to revving this thing to 4k.
They're certainly not a diesel when comparing hill pulling power/ torque. But the financial advantages win the race, so to speak- for me, plus I'm not in the hurry I used to be when I was 20 something. Just got to get a running start for the big pulls! My recent new work van (6.0/6l90), likes to tow at 75mph- 80 on hill approach. Faster than I prefer, but it does fantastic on the hills relative to other gas trucks I own.

The EPA/Obama screwed the light duty diesel market in a big way beginning in 2007-8.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

First tow with the V10 went well. Got a whopping 7.1 mpgs the whole way, but there was lots of 75 mph+ towing. Did blow the #10 plug out right before we got to 81 on the way there, I now know that what I thought was an exhaust leak wasn't.
You and I have different definitions of "went well" :lol:

You and I have different definitions of "went well" [emoji38]
Yea i caught that too lol.

But it's certainly easier to fix that plug on the side of the road vs an o-ring on a 6.0 injector or hpop or fuel pump and/or piston on 6.4 or 6.6, or on anything diesel, or transmission in a dodge... and hella cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You and I have different definitions of "went well" :lol:

Outside of that the trip was event free. Plus it could have been prevented if I would have investigated what the "exhaust leak" I have for over a week prior. Plus it was my first actual tow with the truck.

Got the flatbed on finally this week, I really like how the b&w flatbed hitch turned out now in the future I can use any of their inserts and even the companion if I decide to use a fifth wheel.
20200218_113856.jpg
20200218_114008.jpg
20200218_113953.jpg

Good thing you have full confidence in the gear setups in that JT. :D

Absolutely! I don’t recall how many miles were on jt when you geared it, but it just turned 22k yesterday. Gear setup has been spot on, and I use this thing like I would any truck. It has something in the bed weekly, and a trailer hooked to it often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I used to not like IFS, but now I have a truck with independent suspension on all three axles.

410hp and about 2000ft/lbs of torque
Likely the BEST in this whole thread on burning diesel fuel in large quantities, i don't want to know the MPG but guessing around 4.

If i could somehow fit 6 rigs in the bed I could haul them all at once, assuming they weigh 5k each.

Attachments

• IMG_20200215_123623949_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200215_123623949_HDR.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 201
Finally hauled the box off the meth lab to the scrap yard today. It has been sitting in the woods for about 6 years. This was @CasterTroy 's first dream of a military truck camper. Gross weight 22,700. The box with a good bit of scrap inside it was 8,000. I am just glad it is finally gone.

IMG_20200305_111713460_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back