Evolution of a 1996 Ram

So who knew the unit bearing in a D60 in a 1996 2500 were different that in a 1996 3500... well they are. Now the front dually spacers are on as well as the wheels. @Chris_Keziah is doing an amazing job on this swap!

F252B2B0-8DFE-4DAF-B6F6-CE98655AB226.jpeg

D3D3CE21-691A-4BE1-A93F-1850B8F33D98.jpeg

I vote FLATBED!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I thought about it, but going with a dually bed for now, will help keep the camper a little lower

I can't wait to get the camper in the back and see how much more stable it is and how much better it stops with the rear discs. I was really pushing the limits of the SRW last time I towed with the camper loaded up and pulling the jeep both in weight on the rear and stopping with the rear drums.

Question: does anyone run a rear sway bar on their dually? I don't think the second gen dodge duallys had them.

What is that in the bed haha (and no I am not talking about the terrible condition of the bed, yes I know it needs some attention)

4612F59F-1A7F-4DC4-AE6F-E431BFB2E9A7.jpeg

And this thing is wiiiiide. It is going to clear the legs on my slide in by less than an inch on each side.

777924A1-240E-4C53-88C4-E29988C8CB02.jpeg

So what do you dually drivers do to check the pressure in your rear tires?

I use braided valve stem extenders.
Similar to these.
45690bab9eff07f63d4e733b6cc1a85f.jpg

Before that I just used a HD truck pressure gauge. Dual chuck design
d24279387c89509584ccb38a95f8463c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ive got a dual Chuck like the one @powerstrokin04 posted. Just pay attention when you mount the duals and you can “phase” the rims so the inner and outter stems are next to each other for easier checking/ filling.

You can also get longer, brass valve stems and bend the neck of it through the hole in the outer rim like they do on big rigs.

Question: does anyone run a rear sway bar on their dually? I don't think the second gen dodge duallys had them.

My 1998 dodge dully has a rear sway bar from the factory, but it also is 2wd.

On another note, the rear brakes really bring the suck with these trucks that have drums. I've often wondered if disks would solve this issue. I'm watching this for the brake update.

On another note, the rear brakes really bring the suck with these trucks that have drums. I've often wondered if disks would solve this issue. I'm watching this for the brake update.

Granted it was unloaded but when I drove it the brakes feel comparable to my 3rd Gen.

So verdict on the brakes is... wow, what a difference. More than once I have about given myself whiplash because the brakes are much better and I forget and ht them as hard as I used to have to hit with the drums.

Dang that looks great clay.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That's kinda hot. What'd product did you use?

Back