The Work Travel Thread

These pics better describe my trip
20190612_113547.jpg
20190611_175746.jpg

I’m in Hangzhou, China at the moment. Chinese airport security in Beijing gave me lots of ‘individual attention’ because I had a few Allen wrenches in my bag. Three different security people dumped all my stuff out on a table to rife through and I got the white glove treatment twice. That was fun. Good thing I had a long layover.

I wanted to try this Kungfu fast food joint, but when I saw “pig cartilage noodles” on the menu, I changed my mind.

3898C209-A5FE-4B88-8D9D-A642D149ED7C.jpeg

I’m in Hangzhou, China at the moment. Chinese airport security in Beijing gave me lots of ‘individual attention’ because I had a few Allen wrenches in my bag. Three different security people dumped all my stuff out on a table to rife through and I got the white glove treatment twice. That was fun. Good thing I had a long layover.

I wanted to try this Kungfu fast food joint, but when I saw “pig cartilage noodles” on the menu, I changed my mind.

View attachment 301934
There’s a lot worse things than that you can eat over there.

Last Wednesday flew to Seattle for a meeting, site walk thru and took some measurements. Thursday flew to Gulfport, Mississippi for a site walk thru and took some measurements and flew home Friday afternoon.

Lots of miles in a short amount of time.
e78cd3ed3105f7c785328fdf156e0713.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chicago, Fort Worth, Boston, San Diego, Vegas, Chicago, New Orleans. All on the schedule before December. Fabtech and SEMA are in there so at least two shows with cool stuff to check out.
Fabtech and SEMA must be fun to attend! What airline to you rack up all those miles with?

I hardly ever know my travel schedule more than 4 weeks out. On my way to Japan tomorrow and then Mexico the following week. Looking like Amsterdam the first week of October, then Panama the second week. Columbia and Brazil are on my ‘maybe’ list for sometime in the next two months.

Fabtech and SEMA must be fun to attend! What airline to you rack up all those miles with?

I hardly ever know my travel schedule more than 4 weeks out. On my way to Japan tomorrow and then Mexico the following week. Looking like Amsterdam the first week of October, then Panama the second week. Columbia and Brazil are on my ‘maybe’ list for sometime in the next two months.
Amsterdam has some good coffee shops. I always flew Delta and averaged about 120k miles a year for over a decade. I don’t miss the inside of an airplane, airport, hotel room, or a rental car!

Last edited:

SEMA is cool, mainly because I can get in during setup and walk a lot of the show before the crowds come. This will be the first time at Fabtech, but it should be pretty cool. Looking for some show specials for that one. I'm almost 100% Southwest and Marriott. Luckily the trade show thing is scheduled way in advance so I can usually gauge most of my year well in advance unless a client asks for me to come to one I normally wouldn't go to, or they cut back and I get a pass.

So, it's not exactly for MY job, but I am traveling to Houston Tx next week with my wife for one of her work conferences. Does anyone know of things to do out there? I am planning on hitting Space Center Houston but I'm looking for restaurants and other things to check out with my wife.

So, it's not exactly for MY job, but I am traveling to Houston Tx next week with my wife for one of her work conferences. Does anyone know of things to do out there? I am planning on hitting Space Center Houston but I'm looking for restaurants and other things to check out with my wife.

The brisket at Schultze’s in Rosenberg is pretty good (my folks live on that side of Houston).
Ham and cheese kolaches for breakfast.
House of Pies.

Back