Torch problems

YotaOnRocks

Was using the torch last night and the oxy regulator popped, the gauge pegged and the hose got tights from all the pressure. I shut it down and spent the next hour getting calmed down. It scared the crap out of me.

Torch set is a victor cutskill 250. Doesn't seem a rebuild kit is available and from reading I have no business rebuilding myself. Any advice?

I'd run over to Roberts Oxygen in Colfax and grab a new regulator.

Go to someone who knows what's up man. That's not something to toy with if you've not done it before or are familare with.

Did you have flashbacks on it?

Go to someone who knows what's up man. That's not something to toy with if you've not done it before or are familare with.

Did you have flashbacks on it?
No I do not

Get some sort of safeties in the hoses. Flashback or check valves. Both are available. That senerio had the torch valve body failed could have been way worse.

Oxy slamming the acetylene would spike the pressure well above the 15 psi stability mark.

Had it made it to a pocket of gas; like the other regulator, it can and will explode. Rather violently as well.

Man in Charlotte died years ago. The T handle hit him with the estimated velocity of a 30-06 projectile. The fire was secondary.

Back