Best Christmas present you have received?

junkxj

Well poop!!!!!
For some reason, I started thinking about this a few days ago.
I definitely know my answer for this, but would like to hear others thoughts on the subject.........

I’d have to say my middle daughter. I love all of my kids, but she’s the Christmas baby. She came early 10 years ago on December 19th. Doctors said she was gonna be a Christmas baby, but she had different plans.

1983. Chromoly frame predator bmx bike
Haha I was gonna say as a kid GT vertigo 20” with pegs! As young adult mongoose black diamond valiant fox shocks kore handle bars Haynes disc brakes maxxis tires. I bought that for myself at 17 after saving for 2 years! Ma pitched in $300 at Xmas so I could order it from Australia! Someone on here has it now I’d love to buy it back...

1) on a materialistic front, didn’t get much more than socks/school clothes growing up...but I do remember one year I got a Bruno the Bad Dog...still have it somewhere. I thought that was the coolest thing ever for a long time.

664AAB17-7A1D-45D4-BAD2-98D92DBAD103.jpeg

2) on a deeper level, not getting much of anything for most of my life, taught me ‘presence’ is the true present, spiritually...or just hanging out with family.

3) as an adult, it can be Christmas whenever I want...so whatever my next order is.

Last edited:
Mushy gooshey? My son. Born on Christmas eve. All around best present.

Material gift? Got my first four wheeler in 2005. Hands down best material gift I've ever received.

1989 YZ80....by most standards I would have fit a 125.
But since dad had to really smooth mom over I finally got off that xr50.

I still remember dad ripping a wheely at the bottom of the driveway. I never new he could smile so big.

Edit: thank you for a really good memory.

Family, I remember my last Christmas with my Grandmother, it was me, my brother, our fiances, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins. She always gave use LL Bean shirts, me and my brother tried to trade, Grandma couldn't remember who was marrying who, it's hard when your 93. I remember sleeping at the neighbors, can't mix the guys and girls! When it came time to bury her (cremated), everyone was together, we used to take a family picture every year, time for the picture, no Grandma, my Aunt said she we could get her out of the car, time for a cocktail, That's my family.

I don't want to tell about burying my Granddad, probably shouldn't have done it that way.

5yrs ago I got a plasma cutter from my parents for a shop present...best and coolest present to this day. Still works great and handiest tool to have!!

Christmas ornaments.

Our tree is filled with special Christmas ornaments from family (and us) from around the world. Every year we pull them out and talk about many of them about where they came from and who gave them to us and when, etc and have continued with the kids. The look of wonder on the kids faces as they listen and ask questions is always wonderful.

Now every cool place we go, they always want a cool Christmas ornament to add to our (soon to be theirs) collection.

:)

Guessing around 1999 while in college. My best friend and my girlfriend(now wife) surprised me with a Warn XD8000i for the Jeep. I about shit a brick and truly shed some tears. It's not like we were laced with money or anything.

Best present I ever received was also on the best Christmas I ever had. Christmas eve night, my brother and I came home from my Grandma's house and we both change and lay down in front of the TV in our living room and at the time I was probably 7 or 8. Nickelodeon had a thing called Nick at nite and that Christmas eve they played all Christmas episodes of shows like Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Taxi, Cheers, The Brady Bunch, etc. I remember our Christmas tree was directly to the left of our TV and had no presents underneath. So my brother and I laid in front of the Christmas tree and fell asleep and when we woke up, there were presents literally all around us... still have no idea how we didn't wake up. That year, my brother and I got the original Playstation. Mom and Dad couldn't really afford it, but made it happen anyway. I think my Brother and I played on that thing for a solid 12 hours.

Nothing really special happened that night, but its the one that I remember the most and one I most look back on.

But I think after this Christmas, this will be my favorite.

First Christmas with my daughter and the first year I grew up and realized Christmas isn't about me or my wife anymore.

Last edited:
I do not remember the year, but I was pretty young. My dad had gotten me a bow and arrow. It wasnt a good one, and the arrows had a hard time flying straight, but it was fun. I actually still have the damn thing in my attic to this day, no arrows though.

I got some good ones when I was a kid but for the last 15 years or so, my family has always gifted each other with food. Most of the elders have passed and it's down to just the baby boomers on up these days. My little nieces (ages 8&1) still get gifts but the rest of us buy/catch/kill/raise or grow enough to hold a huge get together for an entire weekend and have a feast.
About four years ago now I won a Trasharoo from a 12 day drawing on here and I've used the hell out of it!

Way back as a kid in the '80s, we all got cross country skis one year. They were all lined up on the wall on Christmas morning. As an outdoor kid in rural MA (and with family in ME and VT), it was the coolest thing ever, and it wasn't something I had asked for. It was a huge deal because we didn't/don't ever do expensive presents.

I also got a little miniature benchtop hobby lathe one year when I was maybe 12 or 13, but now that I'm thinking about it I can't remember if that was a birthday or Christmas present (my brain does not remember things like that, thanks brain!). The one person who would know is no longer around to ask.

Last edited:
Two come to mind. Christmas of 1996, first kids on the block to get the nintendo 64. Played that thing for hours on end. Still have it too, its hooked up to tv in the garage and gets played regularly. Christmas of 2008, my granddaddy gave me his single shot 12gauge on Christmas, he passed 3 days later. He engraved his SS number on the underside of the barrel. I've used it to dove hunt and turkey hunt and it's one of my favorite guns to shoot. For only a 2 3/4" chamber, it kicks like a 3 1/2" gun though.

Lifetime Sportsman's License. Grandma & grandpa got it for me on 12/5/86 when I was 6 months old....I've used the hell out of that thing & don't plan on stopping any time soon!

Lifetime Sportsman's License. Grandma & grandpa got it for me on 12/5/86 when I was 6 months old....I've used the hell out of that thing & don't plan on stopping any time soon!
You know, I would have to claim that honor too. I know had another gift up the line, but it's hard to beat a lifetime sportsman. My son and my daughter got them before they were 1. Why the hell not

You know, I would have to claim that honor too. I know had another gift up the line, but it's hard to beat a lifetime sportsman. My son and my daughter got them before they were 1. Why the hell not

Its been a great gift! My grandparents got them for all their grandkids on their first Christmas.

My parents, sister's family, and my wife all went in together around 1990 or so and bought the complete Sundowner Top kit for my Samurai.
Bikini top, back curtain that closes off right berhind the front seats, and the tonneau cover ..... quite pricey back then.
Still have it!

But the single best was a quilt made by my great grandmother in the huge texas star pattern.
Not much, but very sentimental. When I was little I would go in her quilting room and play under the quilts hanging on the quilting rack while she sewed.

Matt

Back