Mini Excavators

I'm probably going to stay pretty busy after I get one. Gotta make that money!

I'm probably going to stay pretty busy after I get one. Gotta make that money!

Haha, or so you wish. Likely what will happen is the people you know will want to borrow your stuff, and expect you to deliver it for free.

They won't be borrowing my equipment unless I'm running it in exchange for monetary compensation. They can borrow me and the excavator and I'll borrow some of their money :D

They won't be borrowing my equipment unless I'm running it in exchange for monetary compensation. They can borrow me and the excavator and I'll borrow some of their money :D

Yea, that's what I say too. But then you are the bad guy for spending tens of thousands of dollars on equipment and not doing work for friends for free. I just let them rent the equipment or pay someone to do it. There are some people that help me any chance they get (granted, who wouldn't show up for a chance to play on a dozer), and I'm happy to take the skid steer over and help him out when he needs it.

I do actually owe one or two people a favor, so they might be the exceptions, but everyone else can pay cash!

0218181832.jpg

This guy showed up at my place. Needs some love. Shows 1900 ish hours. Still really tight and runs smooth. I'm not an operator but I would love to own it.
0218181832a.jpg

Gonna show it some love and get it back into rotation.

Talk about throwing salt on a wound! :D

I like the size of the E42, so I'm looking at the 9000 to 11000 lb range. I think a Kubota would be the U55, KX161, etc. The more I look at them, the more I like the Kubotas. My problem now is finding something for a decent price.

I'm thinking a 3' ditching/grading bucket, a 3' digging bucket, and a 42-48" bush hog will do me well for a long time!

Talk about throwing salt on a wound! :D

I like the size of the E42, so I'm looking at the 9000 to 11000 lb range. I think a Kubota would be the U55, KX161, etc. The more I look at them, the more I like the Kubotas. My problem now is finding something for a decent price.

I'm thinking a 3' ditching/grading bucket, a 3' digging bucket, and a 42-48" bush hog will do me well for a long time!
No salt here....I just get to work on it. No play time. The hour meter tells tales and I do business with these guys. But all I was suggesting is it's a rental and they sell them off. Everything I have worked on for Sunbelt has been very maintained and relatively tight. I would buy this one in a heart best given cash and the chance. I guess I should have been clear my intention for sharing.

View attachment 263200
This guy showed up at my place. Needs some love. Shows 1900 ish hours. Still really tight and runs smooth. I'm not an operator but I would love to own it.
View attachment 263201
Gonna show it some love and get it back into rotation.
You buy it or just fixing it?

The one that @jeepinmatt posted has been about the best one I've seen price wise, so far. It has some hours, but that doesn't scare me too much. I'm interested to know what kind of thumb he has for it.

2007 kubota kx121-3 excavator super series angle blade
Probably just a manual thumb, but it's already plumbed for auxiliary hydraulics and has the cylinder mount on the arm, so all you'd need is hoses and a cylinder. Probably $300ish to have it in action.

No salt here....I just get to work on it. No play time. The hour meter tells tales and I do business with these guys. But all I was suggesting is it's a rental and they sell them off. Everything I have worked on for Sunbelt has been very maintained and relatively tight. I would buy this one in a heart best given cash and the chance. I guess I should have been clear my intention for sharing.

I knew what you meant! The local Bobcat dealer will sell them off out of their rental fleet too, but they'll only keep them two years so they're usually still pretty pricey.

Probably just a manual thumb, but it's already plumbed for auxiliary hydraulics and has the cylinder mount on the arm, so all you'd need is hoses and a cylinder. Probably $300ish to have it in action.

If only I could be so lucky....

I sold my Komatsu on Saturday, kind of hated to see it go. Now I guess the search is on for something else. I found a 26k lb machine with 3800 hours and a backfill blade, but it's a little more than I want to spend. Really nice having the blade to level out the machine on slopes.

If only I could be so lucky....
I mean, these are pretty strong facts...
The "thumb" is the piece of metal for the thumb, which he says he has. You can see the OEM cylinder mount and the auxiliary hoses in the pics, which means it is pre-plumbed and has controls. A 16" travel cylinder is less than $150 on surplus center. I figure $150 should be enough to cover hoses, and you may have to make a bushing for the thumb end, but my memory says you have access to machine tools...

repair.....i'm to broke to finish my building!

Dude just texted me back, finally. The thumb he has for it is hydraulic, so we're good to go there.

Dude just texted me back, finally. The thumb he has for it is hydraulic, so we're good to go there.
That is a smoking deal. Wish it had been around when I was looking.

If they'd hurry up and get my trailer built, I might just head down to SC and pick that jewel up.

The Kubota, not the sybian. Although, I could offer free rides (to women only) as long as I can watch.

If they'd hurry up and get my trailer built, I might just head down to SC and pick that jewel up.

The Kubota, not the sybian. Although, I could offer free rides (to women only) as long as I can watch.

You can borrow my deckover Kaufman trailer to go get it tomorrow. Just keep me in mind when I’m in need of a mini ex. :)

It's tempting, but I should probably go to work...

I took last Friday off because, why not? Got sick Friday afternoon with something horrible, which turned out to be this year's flu...was off Monday anyway and stayed home today. Work will actually be a welcomed change!

Back