Small lift for a tj Rubicon

fourwheelinj1

I have a 06 rubicon with 200k miles on it. The suspension is worn out and the thing sits really low. Not really looking for anything big. I will be keeping the 31" tires for now. I am planning on selling it in the spring so I don't want to invest a lot in it but I don't want to screw up the ride/drive-ability either. I was just planning on doing a RE BB lift but i am worried that keeping the stock worn out springs will be a problem.Not looking to spend more than 300-400 on this.

You can buy an entire Rough Country 2.5" suspension lift with shocks for that. They come with progressive rate springs. Ride quality is similar or maybe a bit softer than stock.

I saw that. I just wasn't sure about Rough Country. I have heard very mixed reviews about them. I had always heard they ride rough. Are there shocks any good?

I saw that. I just wasn't sure about Rough Country. I have heard very mixed reviews about them. I had always heard they ride rough. Are there shocks any good?

Like I said, ride is similar to stock.

Every rough country lift I’ve ever ridden in rode better than stock. Compared to many others I’ve ridden in(skyjacker, procomp, superlift), that cost 2x, rough country rides better.

Haven’t checked in a while but I know it used to all be lifetime warranty, even on the shocks. That’s what I would buy if in you situation.

I swapped out some Rubicon Express 3.5" springs for some Rough Country 2.5" in the rear of my TJ. I like the Rough Countrys a lot better as far as ride quality is concerned.

I swapped out some Rubicon Express 3.5" springs for some Rough Country 2.5" in the rear of my TJ. I like the Rough Countrys a lot better as far as ride quality is concerned.

I have the RE 3.5's front coils on the front of my rig, and they are something like a 240lb/in rate, much higher than stock, so assuming the rears are a similar rate - yeah, probably anything would feel a bit nicer if you aren't hauling a lot of extra weight.

I have the RE 3.5's front coils on the front of my rig, and they are something like a 240lb/in rate, much higher than stock, so assuming the rears are a similar rate - yeah, probably anything would feel a bit nicer if you aren't hauling a lot of extra weight.

Exactly.....the RC's measured same length as the RE's standing side by side but were a good 1"+lower installed. Definitely a softer spring rate.

Can anyone tell me if JK rubicon stock springs would fit a TJ rubicon? Mine is a 2003 and the sag is very noticable.

The rear will fit with a little trimming of the spring. I got 2 inches of lift from them, in my 4cyl tj. I used moog hd progressive rate springs for an xj in the front. It matches the rear as far as ride hight goes. Rides very well, and does well off road also.

Back