7.3 Powerstroke Troubleshooting and Repair Suggestions

400JEEP

I have a 2002 F350 7.3 that has a weird run ability issue I have not been able to pinpoint and have frankly got tired of searching. I have a long list of replaced/upgraded parts including both heads, swamp injectors, dp tuner, injector wiring harness, etc.

Are there any reputable shops that are able to troubleshoot these problems that are reasonable on their rates?

It runs well normally from start up then after about 30mins to an hour it loses response from the accelerator pedal and if it is placed into park it will high idle (there is not a high idle switch installed on this truck). I can keep messing with the pedal and it will finally take off, but if I ever so slightly let off the pedal it will return to idle. During one of these times with the pedal to the floor, it even choked down, for a lack of a better term, when I finally let off the throttle.

I am located in Bennettsville, SC and any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately you have the first 7.3 in the history of the internet to ever have a run problem. No help will be available.

Yeah, sounds like ivs/tps but you'd need some data. Pretty much any shop with a decent scan tool can diagnose your issue, diesel powertrain management systems are pretty much identical to gas vehicles. There's a ton of diesel only shops too, I'm in the Boone if I can be of assistance.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Have you tried a diagnostic scanner? You can download a free app for your smartphone and use a wireless OBD reader. The reader cost me $20 off amazon and allows me to check and clear codes, plus get realtime info while the truck is running. Very helpful when diagnosing these 7.3's and a lot cheaper than throwing parts at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried a diagnostic scanner? You can download a free app for your smartphone and use a wireless OBD reader. The reader cost me $20 off amazon and allows me to check and clear codes, plus get realtime info while the truck is running. Very helpful when diagnosing these 7.3's and a lot cheaper than throwing parts at it.

I had no idea such an animal existed! I am going to get that shit!

I had no idea such an animal existed! I am going to get that shit!
I use FORScan on my iPhone, but there are other apps if you have an android. With the iPhone make sure you get a OBD adapter that has wifi. This is what I ordered. I believe the android apps use Bluetooth.

Amazon.com: Foseal™ Super Mini Car Code Reader WIFI OBD 2 OBD2 OBDII Scan Tool Car Diagnostic Tool Scanner Tool With Power Switch for iOS Apple and Android: Automotive

High idle from what I've heard was stock on 7.3s just has to see the truck in park and the e brake on.

If your looking for a shop Pearson Diesel Shop in Midland/Indian Trail NC is a really good one. He only works on Powerstroke's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I use FORScan on my iPhone, but there are other apps if you have an android. With the iPhone make sure you get a OBD adapter that has wifi. This is what I ordered. I believe the android apps use Bluetooth.

Amazon.com: Foseal™ Super Mini Car Code Reader WIFI OBD 2 OBD2 OBDII Scan Tool Car Diagnostic Tool Scanner Tool With Power Switch for iOS Apple and Android: Automotive

Bumping this one back ttt.Are you still using this or have you changed/upgraded since 16??? Can I do a inj buzz test w it??

Bumping this one back ttt.Are you still using this or have you changed/upgraded since 16??? Can I do a inj buzz test w it??

I still have it but haven’t used it lately. I think you can do a buzz test but you may have to use a laptop instead of phone....I could be mistaken though, I haven’t tried to do it.

Back