Looking for a diesel and need some help.

@jeepinmatt Definitely not worth two grand for about 250 rpm. LB7s get better mileage than LBZs anyway :D

It was a button on the floor until 92, then it was away=high, close=low, pull back for both.
So 92 was the changeover year huh? Where's that rolleyes emoji that this board needs? :flipoff2: </thread derail>

Thnaks everyone! I have found several that I really like- all Dodge Rams 2004-2006. But still struggling with prices. Seems like 20-22k will get something with 165+ miles in various condition.

Love my 2000/2001 7.3 Fords, got 3; 151k, 240k, 378k miles.
Patience & Persistence , paid $6k-$14k, all great trucks.
Sorry, none presently for sale.
Good luck with your search.

Seems like 20-22k will get something with 165+ miles in various condition.

That's where my problem was. I mean in reality a 13yr old truck, even a 4x4 dually, should be in the $13-$14k range, and IS by KBB standards!
cumminsnut.JPG

But because of fanboys and flatbillers you get that "Bro tax" of $7k-$10k

I couldn't, in good conscience, bow to the herd and submit

That's where my problem was. I mean in reality a 13yr old truck, even a 4x4 dually, should be in the $13-$14k range, and IS by KBB standards!
View attachment 256416

I use KBB to try and negotiate if I'm buying, and NADA for what I'm gonna list my junk at. And Edmunds for a random number generator. On trucks, KBB seems to always be waaay low, and NADA quite high.

I use KBB to try and negotiate if I'm buying, and NADA for what I'm gonna list my junk at. And Edmunds for a random number generator. On trucks, KBB seems to always be waaay low, and NADA quite high.

This. "Bro tax" doesn't exist. Do the same exercise with pretty much any truck, van, or SUV, and you'll find that KBB is way low, and NADA is a bit high.

When new can be bought sub $40...Cant see paying $25k for 10 years old

Where are the $38k new dodge duallys at?

Kernersville has them for about $43k all day long. They won't have heated seated or mirrors, though.

When new can be bought sub $40...Cant see paying $25k for 10 years old

You've never been left on the side of the road by a EGT sensor fault, apparently.

You've never been left on the side of the road by a EGT sensor fault, apparently.

I havent, you are right.
But if you buy new and are, you arent left there. A tow truck gets it, at their cost, and you get a loaner vehicle. Buy it from their fleet sales guy and make sure he knows you have to have you truck for work and a replacement will be available while they fix yours.

BTW which road side hurts worse, the 5k mile EGT sensor failure or the 150k mile injection pump, say... on the way to the flats?

BTW which road side hurts worse, the 5k mile EGT sensor failure or the 150k mile injection pump, say... on the way to the flats?

Did your IP die on the way to the Flats? I thought it was a FICM?

Actually, this is the perfect example. If your EGT sensor fails on the way to the Flats, your weekend is fucked, and you've got to figure out how to get home and how to get back to Winston or Greensboro or whatever in a couple of weeks to get your truck and trailer that have been sitting in the dealership lot ever since you got dropped off at 11pm on a Friday night.

So yeah, I'd say the "warranty repair" is going to suck more.

Last edited:
Not mine. My PSD never left me stranded not once.

Did yo miss the part about the loaner dually?

Not mine. My PSD never left me stranded not once.

Did yo miss the part about the loaner dually?

You're not getting a loaner dually at 5:01pm on a Friday.

Fwiw at 320,000 my ‘10 cummins 3500 dually has never dropped the ball. Fully deleted and tuned it is still on oem turbo, injectors and transmission (auto). I bought it used from an older gentlemen who used it as his daily about 2 years ago and since I have driven the hell out of it. Absolutely no complaints but I will say I have been looking at a newer (lower mileage) truck but DEF and all the emissions crap scares the shit out of me when it comes to repairs warranty or not.

Back