Random Thoughts.....

"100 years ago everyone owned a horse, and rich people had cars. Nowadays, everyone owns a car and rich people own horses"

We got married the week after graduation from college. Spent about 1,000 bucks total, reception and all. Set up/did everything ourselves w/ the help of a few friends.
Because that's all we had.

If I were to do it all over again - I'd do the wedding exactly the same again, and just throw a bigger party.

If I buy a solar yellow Eclipse to drive to the solar eclipse, will the North and South poles flip?
62690719.jpg

Along with a boom in solar retinopathy cases, I'm also predicting a boost to the cell phone sales market corresponding to a rash of fried cell phone cameras from people trying to use their camera in selfie mode to watch the eclipse unaided.

Hint: The lens can't take the intensity for an extended period either.

How come when the sun blacks out a Monday afternoon it is a beautiful, natural phenomenon, but when I do it, it's a 'problem'.
Sun only does it every couple dozen years or so.

Make you a deal. Once you reach the status of "providing energy for literally everything in the world", we'll give you a free pass for doing something shitty on occasion too.

Why is it that people dart away from eye contact?
Seems as though something as simple as that is becoming a more deadly tool by the day. I like it

Why is it that people dart away from eye contact?
Damn Yankee's

I piss a WHOLE bunch of people off when I travel up north (NYC..etc) by looking right at people when I talk. Apparently that is taken as a sign of aggression o_O

Damn Yankee's

I piss a WHOLE bunch of people off when I travel up north (NYC..etc) by looking right at people when I talk. Apparently that is taken as a sign of aggression o_O
You may just solved it then. I'm surrounded by University students from all over, which is what inspired my thought.
On a related note: I happen to like Yankee womens. Now I have a cheat code. :D

Prednisone sucks!
had to take some once for an issue with my Eustachian tube. thank god the pharmacy was empty that day and the pharmacist felt like chatting. he told me of his experience of prednisone and anger. by the third day on it i was standing in the office at work, finger starting to wag at someone as i was getting ready to blow my lid when i suddenly realized what the heck was happening. looked at the person, apologized and went home. i rarely ever lose my $hit and am so glad he gave me a warning.

had to take some once for an issue with my Eustachian tube. thank god the pharmacy was empty that day and the pharmacist felt like chatting. he told me of his experience of prednisone and anger. by the third day on it i was standing in the office at work, finger starting to wag at someone as i was getting ready to blow my lid when i suddenly realized what the heck was happening. looked at the person, apologized and went home. i rarely ever lose my $hit and am so glad he gave me a warning.

My mother had to go on it for an infection....my daughters were 8 and 6 and she was keeping them in the summer.

I came home to her on the front porch fuming because the girls "made a mess". I went inside, and the girls were huddled in a corner crying, in fear for their lives. They said all they did was watch TV and she flipped out.
Mom said "I don't want them back here"

If you knew my mom...you'd know that was psycho. She retired specifically to keep my kids.

We didn't talk for several weeks after that (I refused her calls) and she finally came over and begged the girls for forgives. She said she immediately went to the Dr and had them put "allergic" to prednisone after that

My mother had to go on it for an infection....my daughters were 8 and 6 and she was keeping them in the summer.

I came home to her on the front porch fuming because the girls "made a mess". I went inside, and the girls were huddled in a corner crying, in fear for their lives. They said all they did was watch TV and she flipped out.
Mom said "I don't want them back here"

If you knew my mom...you'd know that was psycho. She retired specifically to keep my kids.

We didn't talk for several weeks after that (I refused her calls) and she finally came over and begged the girls for forgives. She said she immediately went to the Dr and had them put "allergic" to prednisone after that

My wife has to take it weekly.
Forever.
Sucks.

...but not as bad as poison ivy

As someone who is highly contagious to Poison, I stay away from the meds unless the outbreak is really bad and weeping.

I have found the best way to treat is:
- If you think you have been exposed, immediately wash the area with COLD water and dish soap or other degreaser.
- remove any clothing that might have been exposed and wash it multiple times with a degreasing soap.
- continue to wash the effected area daily or multiple times per day (I use bar soap). Keep dry and clean.
- Use diluted Peppermint oil on the rash as needed to contain the itching.

This has limited my rashes to a few small spots here and there so far this summer.

Biggest suggestion is to educate yourself on poison, and not only what it is, but what it does to your body and how to treat. Most of the "wives tales" are only that and there is alot of untruth spread about it.

Back