F350 6.4 injector code p0208

Jorge

hi everyone, new to the forum.
I picked up a 2008 f350 6.4 recently that is throwing this P0208 code. Injector #8. Runs great unless I put some stress on it, i.e. Towing my camper or a good uphill. I also need to get the front end looked over, there is some play in my steering wheel. I'm camping in asheboro for the next 30 days, any shop or tech recommendations? What does replacing this injector entail. Thanks in advance.

@snappy

He is in your backyard. Who's the resi Stroke guru these days?

Injector is about 200. Need a new line from common rail to injector also, about 30. 5 minutes for injector swap, 2 hours getting to it and getting back to running. Can be a real mother to bleed the air from the system sometimes. #8 is drivers side rear, iirc, you'll have to pull the turbo elbow and remove fuel cooler - shouldn't have to drain entire coolant system. Might as well get a new exhaust back pressure sensor and replace while your that close to it, about 80 from Ford.

And were it mine, while all that stuff is out of the way, go ahead and put new set of thermostats on, and delete egr if not already deleted.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

Replacement of the injector can not be accomplished without a scan tool as the injector "code" has to be programmed so the pcm can meter fuel properly with the new injector.

Other than that, it is fairly straightforward. Pull the wheel/tire, pull the fender liner, pull the valve cover and your there.

Going to need an injector kit from Ford, it'll have all the parts you need to install the injector, including the fuel line. Many people will disagree, but do not reuse the fuel line. I mean would you reuse a headgasket?

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Back