Let's see those wk's

briang

image.jpeg

The one in my avatar is an 05 Laredo. 2 inch Old Man Emu lift, rubi takeoffs, ~32 Nitto Terra grapplers. sold it a couple years back. Can't get to my pics in photobucket for some reason

And I have a front diff for a WK that is geared 3.73 if anyone is interested, get a great deal on it.

I bought this one brand new in 05 , I put the first mile on it, often wish I still had it. It had a hell of a stereo in it 3 jl w3 12s lifted 3.5 with the rock krawler lift and 265 ssr's
3a7e9bc99b3c3580f1913ee4b603a5e6.jpg
abe4683520b01b611ce0c32c80e6b569.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Got it in the dirt for the first time. It did great. The auto lockers performed great. A lot better than i expected. This rig is a huge improvement over my old wj.

Now if only I could get a bigger lift without taking out a loan.
IMG_20170528_201734_669.jpg

From what I understand the 545rfe is pretty stout. If the transmission acts up it's usually a harness electronic sensor issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the tranny's hold up well to the power. there is a a generic powertrain error code that will pop up when a solenoid goes out thats hard to diagnose. if i had been able to trouble shoot in the drive way, i coulda saved about 700 dollars at the dealership. lesson learned.

the 545rfe only comes in the 4.7L and the 5.7L v8s btw. the v6 engine uses a lower rated tranny, i'd avoid that engine at all costs anyway, its got a bad habit of blowing up.

go with a 5.7L. 100 more hp, same Mpg. and you get a quadra drive II T case. essentially. 3 computer controlled lockers. front, center and rear. Mopar calls it a limited slip, but it goes from full open to full locked. unlike any other vehicle in the market, the reaction time by the computer is so quick, you dont ever realize its locking and unlocking.

i had zero wheel spin this weekend at uwharrie. ive wheeled in everything from open diffs, to limited slips to full locked.

this felt like a full locker that turned off at all the right times.

Last edited:
Back