Slide in camper platform/stand

Van-go

Not an old man
So the other day I picked up an old slide in camper. (1967)
It has been in the back of my truck for 2 weeks because I do not have a safe way to take it out and store it in the yard.
It has a "fabricated" bracket on each corner with trailer jacks mounted to them. (see picture)

I have 4 poles that fit to the trailer jacks that extend to the ground.
When I take it out it is extremely unstable...

I want to build something that I can lower it down on to that will be a solid base. (we get a lot of wind in our back yard. We don't have many trees)

I have looked all over the internet at different people's ideas and i can't decide what I want to build.

I just want to see if anyone has any good and preferably cheap ideas for this.

I estimate that it weighs about 1300lbs? I would like to be able to be inside while it's off the truck.

IMG_8996[1].JPG

The 1 my friend sold on here, was sitting on some blocks & pallets. He had lowered the jacks to the homemade platform.

Yeah, I could grab some pallets from work. Hmmm
I may build a mini deck that I would use as a shop table down the road.

Good ideas though. Keep them coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just use 2 saw horses the ones i have are metal and fold up but support 1100 pounds each

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Buy cheap older trailer. Modify to support camper. Use regular method to unload camper. Slip trailer under and add or devise way to attach.
Need camper moved, like mowing or anything in between, hitch and relocate. Make hitch removable to deter thieves.

I drive by one occasionally up near galax that's been sitting on stacked PLASTIC MILK CRATES for at least 5 or 6 years. Wouldn't recommend. I keep expecting to see it laying on it's side, but it's still there!

I think I am gonna end up building 2 large saw horses that extend out as wide as the top of the camper. That way i can strap the corners down to the saw horse to keep it stable.
I'll post pictures when I finish.

20160619_105719.jpg
I made mine out some cheap tubing I had laying around. But we built buddy's out of some 4x4s in the corners and two in the middle and tied them all together with some 2x4s. Was cheap and took probably less than an hour to make. Here is pic of mine maybe he will post his. @Noel

IMG_9142.JPG

Got some free scrap metal from a shipment that came in from work.

Gonna use the smaller frame and just weld some legs and bracing on it.

Last edited:
I keep my slide-in garaged....I made a "cart" for it so I could roll it in and out with ease

20170225_113222.jpg

all I did was add 6" solid casters to the bottom of my 2x10 base I made for painting it

20160618_194248.jpg

Got some legs welded up yesterday. Gonna put some bracing on them and be done with it.

IMG_9146[1].JPG

Treated plywood. Make a locking X to place under it. It will fit nicely under the camper while in the truck

Treated plywood. Make a locking X to place under it. It will fit nicely under the camper while in the truck
I like that for a transportable stand. Metal was free though. I'll do the plywood for when I want to pull out while camping.
Thanks man

I need a garage to work in...
Got it almost done tonight. Not much time to work. Just a couple of hours.
IMG_9156.JPG

Edit: Yes, this was taken with a potato.

This is what i use aluminum saw horse from Lowe's says they hold 1300 pounds each not sure i believe that but they fold up to the size of a 4x4 and they are easy to work with
5ab421c929d2cc3eef18c4418434f172.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back